• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with pricing

JCteesOhio

What can i charge for a windshield graphic ?, maybe 1 or 2 colors, I want to set a standard price for differents makes of cars and trucks. I will do the installation myself unless the customer it's willing to do it.

Sign_Boy

I guess that would depend on the graphic as well as the size.
You could set up a chart with prices for a 4", 6", 8" and up

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:Welcome: from PA.............

Since the windshield is what you look through to drive, I don't think you'll be going much over 4" tall and about 40" wide. Whatever money you can get should work. You can't expect to put a lot of design time into something only worth about $50. So, don't waste time on that part. If you can get $225. go for it, but don't be surprised when the next guy will do it for $45. and be totally content getting that, because he is busy in other areas and uses this for a filler job.

They take about 10 minutes to design, five minutes to cut and weed and another 5 minutes to prep and ten more minutes to clean up and collect your money.

That's an average of $100 per hour. Pretty good money doin' windshields.........

GK

id so as SB suggested then have a corresponding length list next to it and keep going as you add colors to the design. The main problem is with these windshield banners is...no one wants to pay over $50 for them because they know they can get them on eBay cheap regardless if you are using a hi-performance cast, A9...whatever...they dont care unless they are business...race teams etc. The 17yr old kid that walked in with his 94 civic dx with intake...doesn't want to pay more then $50 lol and thats unfortunately the market for id say...more then 70% of these windshield decals.

grafxxx

those banners graphics for just the top are going for $15 -$30 pending on material and color here in CA, i used to get like $40-$50 back in boston but most of my customers are those "The 17yr old kids that walked in with his 94 civic dx with intake" but i add on like $5 for an install

Timothy Davis

We use the $1 per inch rule and use 651 unless it is a company truck.

Half off on second color and anything under 23" x 4" is $15.

We move it around alittle though, say a customer comes in and they want single color 36" long that says MOVE IT in Speedline font. We throw in a roll of 15" white and charge him $30 to $35. We mark the center on all RTA grafix.

We also NO LONGER DO INSTALLS on windshields. Newer cars and trucks have crap hoods and as little as I weigh I do not need to end up scratching the hood because I dropped a knife or denting it or not doing any of this and having them come back and say I did. Has not stopped them from buying and If it is single color I tell them if they mess it up bring me the pieces and I will recut it once at no charge. Next day 5 more show up to get them.