• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with pricing

NcDecal

I am making a decal that is 23" wide by 14 inches high
oval shape

looking to see what other would get for something like this

Thanks

jiarby

what is your process?

Printing, or cut vinyl?
how many colors?
Laminated?
What material are you using?

Did you have to do the art?
How long did it take you to do it?

How much is your rent? electricity? insurance? etc...?

It doesn't matter what WE get for it... it only matters that YOU charge enough to cover ALL your costs (not just materials) your salary, AND also a healthy profit to sustain your business growth.

binki

100 bux for rta on a 1 off printed and contour cut with lam as a min. +1 on everyone else. materials, application, artwork supplied 'camera ready', printed or cut, how hungry are you, many variables here.

NcDecal

sorry about lack of info

I have a Falcon outdoor
and I bought it for the house to play around with (cheap price)

not really sure what the price it cost me to make... just to print it

all I am doing is printing and cutting the decal for the person

The design work I have priced just the lack of knowledge on printer and its cost to print

Vinylman

This type of question SHOULD be reserved for the premium post area.
discussing pricing in the general discussion area of this forum is NOT good practice.

However after seeing your approach to the sign industry, "I have a Falcon outdoor
and I bought it for the house to play around with (cheap price)"

Oh great, another hack undercutting our profession!

The majority of us here consider this profession our ONLY SOURCE for providing our family livelihood, it is no surprise you would ask this question in an open forum.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This type of question SHOULD be reserved for the premium post area.
discussing pricing in the general discussion area of this forum is NOT good practice.

While I agree that such discussions should be in the premium forums, such discussions have continued in the open forums. That is why I changed the setup about a year ago so that the Sales, Marketing & Pricing forum is hidden from public view. Only registered members and above can see this forum.

NcDecal

Just for your info I am NOT another Hack in fact I was asking for the following reason......But it is all good I have been an entrepreneur since 18 and now 38 ...in fact I own 100 self Serve Car Wash bays in 3 states ..So with that said I was asking so I know what to charge myself for all the new decals in My business that need to be replaced..but once again somewone always thinking ahead of the game before knowing anything

I hope you treat your customers better than a person asking a question

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just for your info I am NOT another Hack in fact I was asking for the following reason......But it is all good I have been an entrepreneur since 18 and now 38 ...in fact I own 100 self Serve Car Wash bays in 3 states ..So with that said I was asking so I know what to charge myself for all the new decals in My business that need to be replaced..but once again somewone always thinking ahead of the game before knowing anything

I hope you treat your customers better than a person asking a question

So then the next logical question is ...

Are you an end user who came across a cheap printer or do you make signs or other graphic products which you sell to others?

NcDecal

Yes I bought the printer to do my own decals to replace the ones that are old and need updating for the price of the printer I would have figured I can get my money back doing it myself

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes I bought the printer to do my own decals to replace the ones that are old and need updating for the price of the printer I would have figured I can get my money back doing it myself

Then you do not meet the membership requirements of Signs 101. I am removing your membership privileges.

Mosh

I have been an entrepreneur

HA HA HA HA HA!!! Anyone that uses that term is set up to fail!!! I am a sign maker first and foremost, the fact I get paid to make signs is only a BONUS!!!