• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with printing

blufftonsignguy

I currently work in Coreldraw X7, outputting to versaworks, and printing on an SC545EX printer. I am having problems with my grays turning out more green. I am sending it to versaworks as an eps file. I am printing in native colors (not converting to any color). When I say my grays are turning out more of a green, pantone cool gray #11 looks more like a way off shade green in the sun. Can anyone with versaworks and roland knowledge help me out? Thank you in advance

TXFB.INS

this is a well known issue will Roland / VersaWorks, I should know as I'm waiting for job to finish on a VS 640

the correct way is to get an i1 and create your own color profiles on each media that you use.

are you doing a solid grey or a gradient?

solids are easier than gradients

to hit "GREAYS" you have to test ont eh material until you are happy. the easiest is to print Roland color Swatch and then pick the color you want.

GoodPeopleFlags

Experiment with different percentages of 100% Black and Pantone Black C. In Illustrator, I make sure the document is in CMYK mode, not RGB. I don't know if that's an option in Corel but I would assume so.

borderswine

I battled with a Versacamm 540v for weeks attempting a particular grey gradient design. Are you laminating? Make sure you look at your samples after you laminate, since the lamination (usually) will add a every so slight blue (which pushes the output to look green). The only way I won, was to add small increments of magenta, using versaworks, then after it was laminated the cool hue from the lamination was neutralized by the magenta. It was ever-ever so slightly purple in the end, but acceptable.

I'm convinced the issue exists on two levels: Black inks that are not actually a true black, and a limited gamut from versaworks. I'm now working with a HP latex, and grey has just ... worked, thank the gods.

Good luck. If you just can't get there, I'll print it for you :)

blufftonsignguy

I am working with solid colors no gradients. I have bumped up the magenta a couple of notches and it seems to be printing much better now. I am attaching a pdf of the file I am trying to print. I think I am on the right track ( I hope)

Attachments

• Color Samples.pdf
    554.5 KB · Views: 138

blufftonsignguy

Ok none of the color changes I could make would fix the problem. I took a long shot and said what the hay, let me try exporting as a pdf. Then I thought, let me try it as a jpeg too while I am at it (already batting 1000). I printed both the pdf and the jpeg. Well what do you know, they both came out the color they should have with no GREEN!

Thanks again for everyone's help!!

• :banghead: