• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Roland PNC-1000

jsburk0

I am really new to the sign business and just purchased a Roland PNC-1000 off of ebay. I have everything setup and the machine works. I have it hooked up using a parrallel to USB converter and I am using Adobe Illustrator. The cutter goes through the test mode and prints what it is supposed to, but when I go into Illustrator and click print and an image, the cutter prints a series of letters and numbers seperated by periods (not sure what it represents). Need help in figuring out the problem. Do I have to import the Illustrator file into a program such as Cut Studio?

Thanks

Joe

rickCAD

Dang,
Your having the same problem i'm having and if I'm understanding this right, this post was plantted back in febuary.

I posted a thread called "I think my PNC-1000 is printing coords" and this is the
first entry...

maybe i should start here....
a friend who resently passed away, gave me this roland pnc-1000. I watched him work it but i never really paid attention (*&^#$*!!!). Anyway, i seem to be hooked up ok
and the plotter seems to be getting something, but it doesnt seem to be transalating right. Because from the all the programs i use(corel10, autocad, and flexisign), i get the same following print out "A0.0;IW0.0.18800...and on".
Any idea why? The driver i'm using is called "PNC1000.rpd" or something an comes from a "Roland RWD-029.rar" file and seems to be working and allowing me to select the LPT1.
Can anyone give me hint on what might be the problem...
I'm more of a CAD/CAM plotter operator.
thanx

Anyway I'm really curious on if you ever cured the problem and how....
Please..... let me know...

thanks!!!

Mosh

If I remeber there is a small switch to go from parrell to serial, be sure you have it on the right one. I think you need a small screwdriver to swith it cause it is that small. Good luck, they are good machines, but that is OLD technology. You will run into buffering and software isses even if you can get it up and going, computers of today run too fast and over-run them. (take it from one who has had it happen)

JW Signs

He is Right........you need a newer machine..........If your wanting a good cutter cheap
go to www.uscutter.com They work good for the money.......I have a MH-721 and also an Omega 60 and a old roland 1050