• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with rotation in Illy

ballparkgraphics

Ok, I am trying to do a couple things in Illy:

1. I need to make tic marks around a circle. There will be 18 of them at 1/8" apart for a helicopter panel. Is there a way to do this in a uniform manner? The marks will not form a complete circle; the bottom 1/4 is open.
  2. I have a paw print vector. I would like to duplicate it in a circular or rectangular shape to create a logo border. How can I get this done?
I basically want to do something like the type on path tool. I know that I can do it manually, but thought I might as well learn if there is an easier way. Thanks in advance to all you Illy wizards! :notworthy:

Former member

Drag your vector into the brush palette (window > brushes) Create a new pattern brush. Click OK ( twice)
Create your circle or rectangle, then click on the brush you just created as the stroke.