• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with SC-545EX CMYK Set-up

bovegas

Can somebody please help me. I am trying to figure out CMYK on my roland SC-545EX. LightCyan head is electricaly bad and fuse had blown, so I cant use LCyan and Lmagenta heads. I would like to use printer as CMYK and I have changed Ink setup to CMYKCM in printer settings. For some reason with all profiles for CMYK it prints red very light. Almost orange. My understanding was that its only use CM for high speed printing and it doesnt use it in standard mode. Is there any way that I can change this in software settings. I am using Flexi and VersaWorks. Thanks in advance

Jack Knight1979

you can't do that. to run cmyk with a roland you need to change the ink set on the printer and then run CCMMYK. Instead of CMYK Lc Lm.

You need all six heads to run in CMYK mode too.

Sorry. I've been there.

bovegas

I did change ink set to CMYKcm, so basically last two heads are set to run CM. I thought printer use last two heads for high speed printing but it doesnt use them in standard and high quality mode. I also have some setting Doubled heads. I gues I could choose If I want Hedas 5,6 to be same like heads 1,2 or heads 3,4. No matter what I do I still getting light color for red.

Esmond

Can somebody please help me. I am trying to figure out CMYK on my roland SC-545EX. LightCyan head is electricaly bad and fuse had blown, so I cant use LCyan and Lmagenta heads. I would like to use printer as CMYK and I have changed Ink setup to CMYKCM in printer settings. For some reason with all profiles for CMYK it prints red very light. Almost orange. My understanding was that its only use CM for high speed printing and it doesnt use it in standard mode. Is there any way that I can change this in software settings. I am using Flexi and VersaWorks. Thanks in advance
Hi just want to find out if you came right trying to change your sc545 to just a CMYK printer?