• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with shadows and transparents

tintwizz

New to the sign business in the area of design, been installing for awhile friend had a shop and couldnt make it work so I bought him out and he started working for me. I guess he thought I couldnt do it without him so he started taking advantage of the situation and got fired so here I am sorry for the story but it leads me to this problem. I'm learning corel x5 real quick but having a prob with shadow and transparents when I do them they look fine on the screen but when I send them to my server that has versa works on it ,it ends up with a white box and I have tried everything I can to get rid of it. can someone tell me how to do this the right way and possibly in lehmans terms.

Thank you in advance; Tintwizz

mikey-Oh

first off -5 for comic sans....sometime's business happens so i'm not judging.

are you trying to print drop shadows on a transparent film or work some form of crazy contour cut?

tintwizz

Well for one sorry about the font and two I'm doing neither I'm trying to print one banner and one 3'x8' outdoor sign with some transparency and drop shadows and when I send it to my server it shows up in versa works with a white box around the trans.or drop shadow

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Convert your drawing to a bitmap inside of Corel at full size then export out as a tiff to versa works.
You should not have to convert inside of Corel but it sounds like you are not up to speed in Draw and this will give you an idea of what it will look like before export.

wayne k
guam usa

Jim Doggett

Definitely convert to a bitmap: 150 dpi, RGB. Object effects don't exort well, if at all. Same with Photoshop layer effects; you gotta add a layer and then merge them if transparent to make the effect part of the actual design. Or flatten if a non transparent design. Corel's convert to bitmap is like flattening in Photoshop. Just select all and make it a bitmap.

Roto

Like everybody says you have to "Flatten the Artwork"
I just export the whole thing from Corel as a Tif - RGB or CMYK depends on the colour profiles you are using.

Roto

Optic

I'm trying to do this flattening and as soon as I try to export - pdf in this case, it crashes corel... Hmmm? help?!