• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help help with signlab software on new pc

Waynohiggy

Hi guys im new to the printing game, I have taken over a small company printing motocross graphics.
Anyway the pc we use to run signlab 9 on is old and rubbish, ive got a better pc ive put the software on it and inserted the dongle. but when I come to run the software it says I only have a 30 day trial.
it works fine on the old pc.......any ideas guys??

Rogar

Industrial discussion to improve my industry
Hi guys im new to the printing game, I have taken over a small company printing motocross graphics.
Anyway the pc we use to run signlab 9 on is old and rubbish, ive got a better pc ive put the software on it and inserted the dongle. but when I come to run the software it says I only have a 30 day trial.
I imagine you are using the software for Free. For this free software, they give you a chance for using 30 days. If you use free, Please use the pro/paid software.
Thank you

Waynohiggy

I imagine you are using the software for Free. For this free software, they give you a chance for using 30 days. If you use free, Please use the pro/paid software.
Thank you
Its paid for the original owner paid over £1000 i have the receipt and as i said it works fine on the pc he supplied

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Maybe it works on a 32 bit older system, and the newer system you've loaded it on is 64 bit. I've had that difference create havoc with some software...

WildWestDesigns

Try running it in XP compatibility mode.

However, keep in mind it may not be in of itself that it's 32 bit on a 64 bit system (part of Window's bloat is due to legacy code, if you were to get 32 bit version of Windows now, it would have legacy 16 bit code in it; I still have programs that are 32 bit and the last release of one was just a little over a year ago), but the fact that with the rolling release nature of Windows (and MS trying to slim down the OS) any update could deprecate functionality that would render the older software useless.

timgo

Graphics Designer

Your license is the Trial version!
Within your usb dongle you will find the 4 license files:

productp.ini
productp.lcf
ProductS.ini
ProductS.lcf

If you want? Send all these files to me at; (timgo2010@hotmail.com) to see if I can help you.

Waynohiggy

Your license is the Trial version!
Within your usb dongle you will find the 4 license files:

productp.ini
productp.lcf
ProductS.ini
ProductS.lcf

If you want? Send all these files to me at; (timgo2010@hotmail.com) to see if I can help you.
30 day trial for over £1000 I don't think so mate

tbullo

Superunknown
Tim is right, you need those files. Copy from old install or call Cadlink with
your dongle number.

Last edited:

d fleming

If you are going to upgrade to a 64 and have it on old 32 you need to upgrade. Or run in windows 32 comp mode as suggested.

timgo

Graphics Designer
30 day trial for over £1000 I don't think so mate

TRIAL VERSION SOFTWARE

THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS A TIME-LIMITED TRIAL VERSION

You have 30 days of SignLab software functionality remaining. The product will cease to function following the expiration of the day count.

Your SignLab software has been provided to you in TIME LIMITED, TRIAL VERSION mode for 1 of 3 reasons:

1- You have purchased a full working licence of this software but have not registered it. Please contact the dealer you purchased the product from and have them submit your customer information to CADlink. Or complete the online registration http://www.cadlink.com/shared/formReg.php OR email CADlink at Sales@cadlink.com (North America) or Sales@cadlink.co.uk (rest of world) and you will receive licence files for a permanent copy.

2- You have purchased a full working licence of this software but have an outstanding RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) for either a previous software package or dongle (software hardware key) return. If so, please complete your RMA and permanent licence files will be issued to you. OR, verify either with your dealer or with CADlink, at Sales@cadlink.com (North America) or Sales@cadlink.co.uk (rest of world) that your RMA is being processed to receive the appropriate licence files for a full working copy.

3- This package has been provided to you on a trial basis for evaluation. Please contact your reseller or CADlink Technology Corporation, sales@cadlink.com at anytime to purchase a full working copy.

Rogar

Its paid for the original owner paid over £1000 i have the receipt and as i said it works fine on the pc he supplied
I beleive that, if you see "a 30 day trial" then I believe this software is paid for your formal user. And when he bought it, this license is for one user.

Rogar

Please ask the owner of this software, Is he bought it for one user? If yes, you can't use it again. You need to re-register it again.

Rogar

Or, If he bought it for multiple users, for example, 2,3 or 4 persons. Then this software is using for the exact number of 2,3 or 4 persons or users. So, you can't use it again till now.
Almost, You need to register it to avoid 30 days trial.

Thank you

signage

When ever you go to purctohase 2nd hand equipment with software, it is your responsibility to check with the software company to see if the software is transferable. just purchasing it and having a dongle doesn't mean its a legal .

WildWestDesigns

When ever you go to purctohase 2nd hand equipment with software, it is your responsibility to check with the software company to see if the software is transferable. just purchasing it and having a dongle doesn't mean its a legal .

I would actually argue that it is the responsibility of the person selling it that is under that obligation. Usually when someone transfers a license, there is something that they have to bring to initiate that transfer. It can't be done from the buyer, because as far as the OEM is concerned it could be a stolen license.

Now, I'm going to digress here for a few (I know, big surprise), if I'm reading everything correctly, there is something within the dongle (or maybe a read/write file somewhere) that attaches hardware info. In order for it to know that it needs to revert to trial mode. If I'm correct, that means hardware "activation" and dongle. To me, as a preference, it's either or, not both. Now, of course, it's their software, they can do what they want, however, that isn't good in my mind. The dongle itself, limits the operation to "one user" (if everything is done on the up and up). Therefore, the dongle satisfies that condition. Even if the dongle is transferred, it's still only going to one user (unless the previous owner is keeping a cracked version for them self). The hardware attachment makes it only good on "one computer". That's different then "one user".

Most hardware activation software typically include more then one activation per serial as a lot of things can happen. Those that do just one, in my experience have the ability to deactivate in order to allow for switching computers (for whatever reason).

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I used to have this problem all the time and it was a real pain in the butt. For some reason, SignLab was "losing sight" of the license files. Open a new SL window and simply drag the aforementioned files onto the sign blank and all should be good.

That procedure automatically installs the license files.

JB

jimdtg

You should contact with CADlink to get support. Refer this page:

Code:
https://www.cadlink.com/index.php/en/support-training-downloads-videos/tech-assist-program