• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with sp 300 Roland please.

person'ize it

Just bought a sp 300 got a copy of flexi sign 8 and added the printer driver. I hit the reset on the printer and loaded a roll of t shirt vinyl and did a test cut and print using the media setting of other and it came out ok no issues. I then tried some pvc vinyl cling but when I print and cut it had nasty ink smudges over the print and then the same when I tried to print on vinyl. Have checked the heads for fluff or crap and they are ok tried clothing vinyl again that is still ok so am thinking it is not liking thicker medias. But I have tried picking different media under the advanced tab but still no avail ..... Any ideas please?

truckgraphics

Our experience printing with vinyl cling material was not good. We tried it once when we had an SP300 and found the material would not lay flat, resulting in head strikes, smudges, etc. It is possible you can print this material on a machine that allows you to raise the head (our SP300 wouldn't allow this, but I don't know about later models), but abandoned printing on vinyl cling material.

Not to discourage you from using vinyl cling, because some folks print on it, but we did not have a good experience printing it on our SP300, and I still wouldn't risk our current Roland on the material, even with its ability to raise the print head.

Perhaps you can farm it out if it is a large part of your business?

iam808

The best results I've gotten with cling on an SP were dependent on using the manufactures media profile and running the machine unidirectional. I'd also advise rolling the media out as cling likes to stick to itself.