• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Spanish translation...

RJ California

If anyone can translate "Put Car in Neutral" and "Foot Off Brake" from English to Spanish I would really appreciate it.

:thankyou:

iSign

awww... skimming too fast...
I thought it said "Spanish Inquisition"

...nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

RJ California

This Is what I got off Google:

Put Car In Neutral -- Poner en coche Nuetral

Foot Off Brake -- Freno de pie fuera

Does that sound right?

jc1cell

Put Car in Neutral = Poner vehículo en neutro or Poner cambio en Neutro

Foot off Brake = Quite el pie del freno

Asi es como lo diria yo = That's how I would say it.

jc

RJ California

JC -- Great tagline you have there -- Ha!

***All this information is coming from a glorified Print Technician and Vinyl Installer that is also a wannabe Designer. Take it with a grain of salt. ***

jc1cell

JC -- Great tagline you have there -- Ha!

***All this information is coming from a glorified Print Technician and Vinyl Installer that is also a wannabe Designer. Take it with a grain of salt. ***

Lets just say that among the great people here I definitely know my place...just don't tell my clients...:peace!:

There's definitely many ways to say it. In the many spanish speaking countries that make up souther america and central america along with the caribbean you will find many ways to say the same thing. All very similar. Post 4 and 11 are the closest you'll get to what you want to say.

jc

phototec

Carrucha?

There's definitely many ways to say it, you will find many ways to say the same thing. All very similar.

This is very true, and each Spanish speaking area has their own SLANG words for words like "CAR", just like in English.

However, if I was making a sign, I would use wording from an official Spanish translation dictionary, not a local slang word from Porto Rico, East Los Angeles, or the Bronx's, etc.

Like in East L.A., a Car is called Carrucha.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Interesting how many different ways to say a 3 or 4 word sentence in Spanish.

It has always been my experience that if you ask 2 or 3 Spanish speakers for a translation you'll get a few different versions. My wife's kindergarten class this year is ALL made up of kids from mostly illegals. She said a majority of the parents can't even read their own language. That may bring in some of the discrepancies. We have a Colombian secretary who is totally bilingual and her translations are spot on.

TheSnowman

The only spanish I ever learned in High School was this..."Escuchen, esto es un robo!" And I only learned it because a kid in my other class said it, and I thought it sounded hilarious like something I could use in life. I was right...I just now used it. Not to mention if I ever fly to Mexico and find a 7-11 to knock over.