• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with starter version font borders

raw191

I've got the flexi starter version, yes I know I need the full blown deal but I can't afford it right now. I'm trying to figure out how to put borders around my letters. I know how to select the outline function and do it that way, but when it gets cut, it cuts out the center of the letters too, leaving a border on the outside and a border on the inside. This is a pain when doing a wet app. because the fluid is trapped. How can I make solid letter outlines? Thanks guys.

Ross

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm only familiar with the full version of Flexi but I think what you're leaving out is the completion of the execution of the outline. I did not think, however that Flexi Starter had the outline feature.

Assuming that it does, you should execute a Convert to Outlines command. the Keyboard shortcut is Control +Shift +O.

thewood

When you enter the outline dialog, there should be red square with a black square inside of it near the bottom right. Select the drop down menu and select the solid red square (you probably have the red outline checked currently) which is called "with backing". This will produce a solid background outline. If you don't have this feature, you can outline>seperate outline>uncompound>and remove the inline.

raw191

Yes it is the desay version. So far it's got me by. This is a frustrating feature that I wish I had. Am I just SOL? Thanks. Anybody got an older copy of flexi they want to sell?

Ross