• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with superimposing graphic over image.

fresh

I'd like to take a vector logo and superimpose it on a textured background... But instead of it looking like a solid vector, i'd like it to look more like it was originally painted on the textured surface. I tired using the transparency tool, but it didn't come out as well as I think it can.
HELP.jpg
This is an example of a textured background and the logo i'd like to put on it.

I don't even know what this technique is called to look up how to do it. Does this have to be done in Photoshop? Photopaint?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.pdf
    56.6 KB · Views: 129
C

ColoPrinthead

If it were me I would rasterize the logo and take the work to Photoshop where you can dodge, burn, and transform/skew the logo to hopefully get the effect you are wanting.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I'd like to take a vector logo and superimpose it on a textured background... But instead of it looking like a solid vector, i'd like it to look more like it was originally painted on the textured surface. I tired using the transparency tool, but it didn't come out as well as I think it can.
View attachment 99528
This is an example of a textured background and the logo i'd like to put on it.

I don't even know what this technique is called to look up how to do it. Does this have to be done in Photoshop? Photopaint?

Convert the logo to a transparent bitmap.
In Photopaint or Photoshop apply a bump map to the logo bitmap created from the wood background.
If you want it a bit weathered, add a little transparency to the logo bitmap.

rjssigns

Could just try clipping the logo to a copy of the background then add a couple effects. May or may not get ya where ya wanna go, but its a start.

J Hill Designs

oh i was thinking photoshop...not sure how or if you can in corel(draw) -- you can probably do it in photopaint, but I am lost when i comes to photopaint

edit: actually, try to play with uniform transparency, and change the 'transparency operation' (default is called normal - second dropdown in the toolbar) to multiply

fresh

oh i was thinking photoshop...not sure how or if you can in corel(draw) -- you can probably do it in photopaint, but I am lost when i comes to photopaint

actually, try to play with uniform transparency, and change the 'transparency operation' (default is called normal - second dropdown in the toolbar) to multiply

I have photoshop, but it drives me crazy :) I need to take a class or something. I used to have a basic knowledge of Adobe CS, but once I started working with Corel, all that flew out the window.

I'm looking to hire an experienced designer, and I cannot WAIT for that day.

edit: I did try the transparency options, but they didn't look that great. I think it needs to be rasterized.

4R Graphics

Fresh glad you like it.

It is not my video. I remember years ago reading posts here on signs 101 on vehicle wrap layouts. There was a guy (have not seem a post in a long time) called K1 I think. He had some good info I think you can still find it in the private areas of signs 101. Anyways ran across that video in my searches and had saved it to show new people.