Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with text in Illustrator CS

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by CuttingEdgeGraphics, Feb 2, 2006.

1. CuttingEdgeGraphics

CuttingEdgeGraphics Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I am having trouble trying to figure out why I can't get my Graphtec 3000-60 to cut text that has been warped through Illustrator CS. The text is arched on the layout and outlines have been created, but when I go to cut it just cuts it completely straight. Anyone that can help me figure this out, I'm sure its something simple.

Tags:
  2. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    After you warped it, did you "expand" it?

3. CuttingEdgeGraphics

CuttingEdgeGraphics Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Looks like that did it. Thanks for the help, I feel like an idiot now. :rolleyes:

4. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    It's always the simple things that trip you up.....I said it before on this forum...the first time I had to turn on a Mac computer, it took me two hours to figure it out....and I actually didn't actually figure it out....I asked my boss who just hired me......she was not amused.....

5. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

one other thing that I hung me up for a while is that you must also un group items you have welded or cut out, Ect.... in the pathfinder in order to expand the appearance.

6. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Used to be a paste-up and camera person back in the day. When my shop got it's first computer I convinced them to let me run it. I sit down at it with our first output job and the whole shop standing around me to see this fancy new gadget and I kept trying to put the floppy disk in backwards and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong... my boss wasn't too amused either! Just shows we all start somewhere!