• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with VersaCAMM Cancelling Job

Karen in Ocala

Hi all. We've got a VersaCAMM SP-540V, running VersaWorks 3.0.2, on a network. I am trying to print a huge poster job and have run into a problem after printing 6 of them. The posters will start printing and then the printhead will stop (it's random where it stops) and the "Busy" and "Set Up" lights start blinking and the printer says "Cancelling". I have to shut the main power switch off on the printer and manually cancel the job in VersaWorks. I have plenty of poster material hanging down the back so it's not pulling and the poster paper is loaded straight.

Things we have tried: 1) Turned off the main power switch and unplugged the printer for 5 minutes. Didn't work. 2) Direct wired the printer to the computer, thought it might be a network glitch. Didn't work. 3) The poster file is a jpeg, saved it as a different file type. Didn't work. 4) Initialized VersaWorks. Didn't work.

This same thing happened a few weeks ago and we were never able to resolve it. Went home and came back the next day and the file (different job) printed fine.

Any ideas? I have 35 of these posters due Monday and I've only managed to get 6 to print. Thanks in advance!

Ragnabrok

you're on the cusp version of versaworks, the milestone it needs to update to before coming up to the latest versions. it's up to 5.3 or so now, not that it will solve your issues, but it can. Alternatively, try updating the printers firmware if you haven't done so, sometimes those versaworks updates cause more issues than they solve.

strypguy

You tried direct connect but did you try a different Ethernet cable? I am running Versaworks version 5.1.1 on my SP300V and SP540V. I had some problems with other versions and found this one is the most bug free in my opinion. Maybe you could try to update to that version and see if it helps. John

Karen in Ocala

You tried direct connect but did you try a different Ethernet cable?

Yes, different cable. Ran an update on the VersaWorks software, seems to have "helped" a bit. Was able to get all the posters printed, but the printer would still "Cancel" and lock up after printing, when it moves the material forward and then back. At least it got through printing!

CrAkD

This same thing is happening to me on my sp-300v its driving me insane. I'm on versaworks 5.3.2 it seems to work fine for me if I do JPEG posters and banners but if I do eps or PDF stickers all hell breaks loose. I've tried a new cable too had no effect.

splizaat

You need to go into operating system on your rip computer and look at the power settings/power saver settings and set it to never let hard drives sleep. And we even turn the whole computer to never sleep. Computer might be shutting hard drives off in the middle of the print and then it's dropping the connection or stopping sending the file to printer mid print.

Karen in Ocala

You need to go into operating system on your rip computer and look at the power settings/power saver settings and set it to never let hard drives sleep. And we even turn the whole computer to never sleep. Computer might be shutting hard drives off in the middle of the print and then it's dropping the connection or stopping sending the file to printer mid print.

Both are set to "never". So that's not it, unfortunately.