• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with VP-540

ProColorGraphics

I am having issues where the printer will mess up when cutting. It will start cutting fine, then do a big X over the entire area, then continue cutting like it's supposed to. It's not the file, as I will send the same file again and it will work fine. It happens randomly when just cutting, printing/cutting, or with the align cut. :banghead:

I also have issues where in the middle of a job, Versaworks will say the printer is not connected and will stop printing. Again, for no apparent reason. I shut the printer totally off and wait a little bit then turn it on again and it will work again. I am totally lost on this. :banghead:

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mainframe

I would start by changing the router & ethernet cable, after that I would go to wally world & grab a new pc, load Versaworks on it & try to use it as a print server to eliminate the pc you are using. Just return it if your problem still exists After that I don't know

ProColorGraphics

I have tried a new cable since the cutting issue started. It's connected directly to the computer through a new dlink ethernet card.

ProColorGraphics

I got it figured out. Something was messed up with VersaWorks on my computer. I installed VersaWorks on a different computer and everything is working fine. Even the firmware updater from Roland. I have never been able to get that to work.