Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Won't Cut evenly

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by ckelly617, Mar 19, 2006.

1. ckelly617

ckelly617 New Member

Mar 13, 2006
    I have a Puma II and I am having problems cutting. It will cut correctly on one side of the cutter but when the blade moves to the opposite side it either cuts too hard or not enough. They aren't equal cuts from one side of the cutter to the other. Anyone else have any similar problems? What am I doing wrong?

:help: -CK

Tags:
  2. grafixhenk

grafixhenk Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Try to replace the blade / check the blade holder make sure it is clean( dust etc) Or if the cutter has a teflon strip replace it. Any of the above could solve your problem

3. Signsforwhile

Signsforwhile Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    New York
    definetly sounds like the cutting strip.

4. ckelly617

ckelly617 New Member

Mar 13, 2006
    :thumb: Okay, don't laugh at me now. I've only had the machine 3 days. I put the teflon strip in the wrong spot. Oops! I put it in the right spot and guess what? It cut the same all the way across the sheet of vinyl. Thanks guys. Once again, you have come to my rescue. I was ready to take a hammer to it.