• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help, XC-540 Major Dot Drop-Out

WrapCity

Hi All,

I am hoping we don't need new print heads but we are experiencing some major dot dropping on our test prints. Cyan and yellow are affected the most.

Have done normal, medium, powerful and manual cleanings and it is not helping. We replaced the cyan cartridge on Friday, has anyone ever gotten a bad cartridge that didn't work right?

Our tech will not be available to us until Tuesday so any help (I know it's Sunday and I shouldn't be here lol) would be appreciated.

Thank you
Wrap City:help

WrapCity

I was able to get most of the dot dropping to stop. It went from 80% of the lines missing down to about 20% missing. But we are still having issues. I saw a note on a different thread that talked about soaking the print heads in cleaning solution in their caps. There wasn't an explanation about how to do that or if it is even a good idea. Any Thoughts?

Thanks

WrapCity

How did you do it?
I did what we are not supposed to do. I put it in cleaning mode then I loaded a clean swab with cleaning solution and touched it to the face of the affected printheads (did not rub). I held it there for 2-3 seconds and that seemed to do it. There was a noticable change to the test print so I did it one more time and got most of the dots back.

So I am thinking we have bad caps, which is strange because I am pretty sure our tech changed at least one of the currently affected caps a couple months ago.

:smile:

(BTW we do not endorse doing this unless you get approval from your tech or Roland to avoid voiding any warranties)

Last edited: