• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help

Mikeifg

Doing some company shirts for myself and i am using the Flexcut Sweet film. I can get it on the shirt great but after washing it is wrinkling at the edges and peeling. Do I need to prewash the t's they are Gildan cotton.

Thanks
Mike

JBusch260

Do you pre-press them before placing the material down? I haven't used Flexcut Sweet, but we've used Spectra-cut and similar materials along those lines.

klingsdesigns

never used that i use hotmark... But def pre press to get moisture out.. then i always press again at half the time.. as the first time.

Mikeifg

Pre pressed and post pressed . still same result. Wonder if its the material. Anyone have suggestions on a good film?

JBusch260

If it is cut 1-color, I've had good results with SpectraCut and CadCut Premium. Even had really good results layering colors with that material. Stays put after numerous washings.

If you are LFP printing, we've had good results with Solutions Opaque, although sometimes it can be a bear to weed.

thewvsignguy

What kind of shirts are they?

I am no expert but most of the eco-print or cad shirt material only works on 50/50 or 100% cotton. Double check to make sure the material you are pressing is compatible with what you are putting it on.

We use the eco-print and eco film from imprintables warehouse.com, been using it for over 2+ years know and their stuff holds up great!

I have been using Siser Easy Weed for about two years. I have never switched because I've never had to. We made some work shirts with it over a year ago when we first opened the business to really test it out first hand. I have washed and worn these shirts at least 30 or 40 times each and they are still perfect, like screen print ink, only sharper, smoother, and softer. No cracking or peeling of any sort yet. We have also used it in two layers on football jersey material and it works fantastic.

CP Signs

I also switched all to Stahl's. Their cad-cut and the printables are awesome. Also their Flock material is becoming very popular. They sent me a bunch of samples plus key chain looking things with all their different materials and colours, about 28 different materials and tons of colours and patterns.

Mike_Koval

Alot of times when you see curling on a transfer is related to uneven pressure. Are you pressing around collars or seams? If so you may need to use a pillow or pad to get an even pressure.

I would be happy to sample you some of our materials for you to try as well. For every day cottons, poly and poly/cotton blends I would recommend our Eco-Film. We also carry a wide variety or specialty finish products including Glitter, metallic, flock and foils.

tankueray

How old is your flexcut and where did you get it? I remember that there was a bad batch of one of the films a while back, I don't remember which one it was though. If it's older than a year, call RTape customer service or who you bought it from.

BTW, I love this film. I use the metallics all the time and haven't had one fail yet.