Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by MAB SIGNS, Jan 28, 2004.

1. MAB SIGNS

MAB SIGNS Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2003
    I need to identify this font to be able to purchase online.

Mark

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
    Tags:
  2. giantsfan1951

giantsfan1951 Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Sorry.... but I can match some of the letters most of the time, a few of the letters some of the time but all of the letters none of the time....

Only have a repretoire of about 8 or 9000 fonts... maybe some with a wider selection will have more luck.

good luck

3. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
  4. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    It is close to this font, but not quite-this one is called "Willow" it has a roughness to it though, if you want, II can type it out for you, but you would have to clean it up.

Attached Files:

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    This one is called Rennie Mackintosh Bold. It's smooth edged but has a double crossbar on the "A".

If you prefer it, I can also type out whatever you need.

Attached Files:

6. MAB SIGNS

Jun 29, 2003
    Closer than what I've found thus far, which was Eccentric. I need it for some custom cast aluminum letters so I might be able to pass something close. Who offers the best deal on purchasing fonts online? I'll need to buy whatever comes closest.

Thanks,

Mark

7. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Mark, if you haven't located this font yet, I looked through a couple of the weblinks under commercial fonts. Fonts.com had the ITC Rennie Macintosh Bold font for $32.00.
    www.myfonts.com had it for $21.00.

George

8. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Actually Rick was correct in his identification as Willow ..... also available at MyFonts.com for $21.00. I thought Rick had been referencing a clone font named Willow since Adobe has a well known font by that name in their woodcut series ..... but it looks nothing like the font in question.

Willow is a Letraset design and is probably one of the very few times you will ever find two fonts from major foundries with the same name.

Willow

9. MAB SIGNS

Jun 29, 2003
    Thanks!

It's an order so I'll post pics once completed.

Thanks again,

Mark