• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!

Spud

Ok, for months i've had this problem - even researched and found people with similiar problems. But as you know each machine tends to have their own ways to fix problems so maybe ya'll can throw a few ideas my way to help out a bit.

Anyways, I have a Roland Pro II V SC 545-EX, and most of the time if I use a Pantone 320 C or almost ANY shade of grey, it'll come out greenish. or even pinkish at times if have to turn the red up to get a better red on the print.

Now it's not a huge deal if it doesn't have other colors like BURGANDY in it, I can just print on artistic and the grey turns out good. BUT! For a local high school we're printing on edge magnetics, and even on vinyl it's SO HARD to get the colors, even after I get them once a few days later she orders more I print them the same way and it's different.

They are burgundy (real dark burgundy, very picky about that) and grey basketballs. I'll attach a image when I get back to the shop so you can see how it looks in flexi.

When I try to print these the grey turns out green and the burgundy isn't dark enough. As i've tried the custom settings in versaworks to double printing etc, sometimes it comes out decent under certain settings (sign&dispay) and sometimes it doesn't.

What I have to do is make it a 40" x 40" then export as a jpeg, re-import it in flexi, put a contour cut on it, export it as a eps.. then size it down in versaworks, then change settings in VW to sign&display or custom and preserve primary colors. I used to do all the work in illustrator but our illy crashed until I can install a new copy i've done the flexi way. BUT BOTH programs come out the same way.. and it's just killing me!

Also, most any red we have to turn up to be a "real red". Any suggestions?

RJ California

Hi Spud-
Have you tried printing out a cmyk color chart? I can send you a pretty good one with 14,000 different cmyk recipes if you don't have one. You can print this out on one large sheet (I scaled mine to 3'x3') with Flexi. This way you can choose a grey, or red, burgandy, whatever from that sheet and know that that is how that color will print with YOUR machine.

I use an HP 9000s and a 30% cyan, 10% mageta, 0% yellow and 40% black seems to make a decent medium grey on my machine. Lots of other cmyk combos though.

RJ California

No problem Stacy. The one I have on my computer is now a Flexi 8.03 file. I have the original disk which will probably open in lower versions of Flexi somewhere around here. It's about a 3 or 4 meg file.
Which version of Flexi do you use? Might work in other programs too. I forgot if it's Flexi native.

Spud

Hey Rod, thanks I printed one that I found around the net, but I wouldn't mind having yours as it might have more colors!

email is nodramaspud@yahoo.com, thanks!

I'll try your combo and see how it turns out..

koookstr

Hey Rod - I'd be interested in getting that chart from you if you wouldn't mind. I have flex 7.6. Thanks

mbarden

I believe that there is a feature ion Flexi itself that allows you to print a Color chart. I can't rmember where it is but maybe some one does.
Mike B