• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help

PattyW

I am new to the wide format Eco solvent printing. Literally everything I have done thus far is a miracle. Let me add I am not very tech savy. Is there anyone that has a Mutoh VJ1204 that can help me with my ICC Profiles. I am not sure in my Flexi if I have everything set correctly. I am attaching something I printed earlier. My black is printing more a brown color. I feel like all my colors are off. Any help would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• 66FF864C-3A60-409A-BF29-F79E1B6E07D0.jpeg
    66FF864C-3A60-409A-BF29-F79E1B6E07D0.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 181

chadorama

Owner & Sole Employee
Hi Patty,
I'm kind of in the same boat but I have some of what I have learned that I can share. I'll pm you.

RustyNZ

I am new to the wide format Eco solvent printing. Literally everything I have done thus far is a miracle. Let me add I am not very tech savy. Is there anyone that has a Mutoh VJ1204 that can help me with my ICC Profiles. I am not sure in my Flexi if I have everything set correctly. I am attaching something I printed earlier. My black is printing more a brown color. I feel like all my colors are off. Any help would be very appreciated.
Are you using the right profile for your media, just a random profile or no ICC profile at all? Have you added in the profiles you need? You can download them from here: http://files.mutoh.com/portal/Share...Q2iD67duPiznqdg0yn1RKwQ2&e=mark@wireflyit.com if that link doesn't work go mutoh.com -> Support -> Public FTP. From there go Printer Information and Manuals->VJ-1204->Profiles->SAI and select your Flexi version (if you have 12/19, I think the 10.5 ones will work but you could have issues with colours, worth a shot though).

Download the profiles somewhere on your computer, unzip them, in Flexi on the Job Properties tab that you select your profile choose Add then point it to the ICC profile you downloaded.

HecklnDecalr

is the black designed with a CMYK color value? if so, do you just have the k set to 100? or are all colors set to 100?

HecklnDecalr

it is done in your design software. In Flexi select the black, assuming its vector, and then select fill/stroke editor from the view menu. then select advanced and then mode from the pop up window. Choose CMYK and then change all the values on the right to 100%. I think you can also use the color mixer tool

PattyW

Ok guys so I did what you advised above. Prior to doing this I did my first nozzle check. The only thing printing is my blue and magenta. I am attaching pictures that I hope you can see. 1 pic is of nozzle check which you can barely see but I have another pic I printed earlier this week and the blue and magenta came out pretty good. I also have a pic of the black that is printing brown. Is there something I can do to fix my black and yellow to print?

Attachments

• nozzlecheck.jpg
    nozzlecheck.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • bluemagenta.jpg
    bluemagenta.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
  • Black.jpg
    Black.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113

RustyNZ

Ok guys so I did what you advised above. Prior to doing this I did my first nozzle check. The only thing printing is my blue and magenta. I am attaching pictures that I hope you can see. 1 pic is of nozzle check which you can barely see but I have another pic I printed earlier this week and the blue and magenta came out pretty good. I also have a pic of the black that is printing brown. Is there something I can do to fix my black and yellow to print?

Always check your nozzles first, if you are missing several from any channel you are likely to have issues. If you are missing entire channels you will have major issues like you have there. Your black will most likely be made up of all the colours, it's not printing yellow or black so only C and M will print and it won't give you the right colour.

Do your daily maintenance, check capping station, wiper and around print head are all clean, do a short clean, see if you get a difference on nozzle check, if it's better but still missing heaps try another, if it's not really better then try a little charge or some other bigger clean in the middle.