• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!

Motox917

Looking for anyone on the Southside of Atlanta that has experience with mimakicjv150-130 and flexi program..purchased everything new and just need to hire someone for a day or two to get me going.. 30 per hour? Thanks Mark

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Looking for anyone on the Southside of Atlanta that has experience with mimakicjv150-130 and flexi program..purchased everything new and just need to hire someone for a day or two to get me going.. 30 per hour? Thanks Mark
Not to be snarky, but please define how hiring someone for a day or two works? Are you expecting them to do all the work, or to teach you one-on-one?

JB

Motox917

Not to be snarky, but please define how hiring someone for a day or two works? Are you expecting them to do all the work, or to teach you one-on-one?

JB
Hello JB..So far everyone that has reached out or have came over uses flexi and say hp..or something other than a mimaki...and within a couple hours just can't figure out how to print and cut..seems we find ourselves on you tube trying to figure out the steps...so someone who has a mimaki and flexi would probably be great to have for a few hours..

Stacey K

I like making signs
Something to keep in mind...my high schooler makes $25hr delivering furniture in a small town, you may need to consider less hours at a higher wage. Most trades around here at $80-100 per hour to fix things, you should expect to pay that or more for something to teach you vs. doing it for you.

I could be totally wrong about that...but just saying.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, you're absolutely correct. Stacey. Evidently...... someone didn't pay attention to the tech who set it all up and taught for 2 days on site. Most new purchases will give you 2 or more days of training, especially if you're new to the industry. Expecting to pay those kinda wages will find someone else about as good as the OP is and he'll have wasted more money learning nothing. You're also gonna need more than a few hours. Be prepared to house someone for a few days to a week and feed them, too. Take notes, this time.

Motox917

No, you're absolutely correct. Stacey. Evidently...... someone didn't pay attention to the tech who set it all up and taught for 2 days on site. Most new purchases will give you 2 or more days of training, especially if you're new to the industry. Expecting to pay those kinda wages will find someone else about as good as the OP is and he'll have wasted more money learning nothing. You're also gonna need more than a few hours. Be prepared to house someone for a few days to a week and feed them, too. Take notes, this time.
Hey thanks for your responses. Again looking for someone with mimaki and flexi experience. So let's bump up pay to per hour

Motox917

100 per hour. minimum 2 days and for as long as it takes..And food and drinks included! Again..got to be someone that has a mimakicjv150-130 and uses flexi!! Thanks

Motox917

Something to keep in mind...my high schooler makes $25hr delivering furniture in a small town, you may need to consider less hours at a higher wage. Most trades around here at $80-100 per hour to fix things, you should expect to pay that or more for something to teach you vs. doing it for you.

I could be totally wrong about that...but just saying.
Thanks Stacey I'll definitely keep that in mind..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The company I had quote us a few years ago on something similar was $250 per hour on-site, $275 per hour travel time with a two day minimum. In addition, we were to pay all hotel needs and on & off site. Hopefully you can find a freelancer.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did your dealer do any training? You're supposed to get training at install. Especially if you bought the printer and Flexi as a package from the same dealer, they should have at least gone through setting up the printer and doing a print/cut job. I don't leave an install until the customer has done a full print/cut job on their own for example. If you have some experience in design and printing already, the training in the basics can be done in about an hour. If you re brand new to the business it would still only take about 3-4 hours to get the basics and get up and running.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
If you can't find someone, it may be easier to use it with rasterlink which your dealer should have trained you on. Then tinker with Flexi as you have time. Do you have experience with any other RIPs?