Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Adam Bennett, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Adam Bennett

Adam Bennett Member

May 10, 2007
    So now, when I send anything to cut on my plotter, all that gets cut is a straight line of letters and numbers. Whats the deal with that? how can I fix it? I need to cut a BUNCH of stuff like, YESTERDAY. please help.

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    I would guess that you are seeing the characters in a data set. This is caused by the software sending data in one language, and the plotter being configured to look for another language. The most common lanugage is HPGL; however, Graphtec has a language called GP-GL, others have their own data languages as well. Verify that your plotter and software are on the same page with respect to the language being used/ expected.

Bob

3. Adam Bennett

Adam Bennett Member

May 10, 2007
    Thanks Bob! I'm looking into that right now. I'll let you know how it works out.

4. Adam Bennett

Adam Bennett Member

May 10, 2007
    I can't find where in flexi to change that parameter. Any Help?

5. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Change it in the cutter.