• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help.......

JHM

I've got an effect I'm trying to reproduce and just can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have photoshop 7 also have Corel X3.. Thanks Again...:thankyou:

Attachments

• Effect Pic.jpg
    Effect Pic.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 130

Sign_Boy

Copy your text to a new layer.
Turn off the org text layer.
Double click on the new text layer to open your layer styles
Start playing

I hope this helped

Ken

In Corel X3.
Create a textured panel (ie: a rectangle)
Create text away from the textured panel.
Click on the rectangle to activate it.
Go to :
Effects>Power clip> place in container.
An arrow will pop up. Use that arrow to click on the text. Voila! Texture inside text..
Cheers!
Ken

Ken

texture in text..

Like this..just choose your texture. You can add contours, shadow etc.
Ken

Attachments

• texured text.jpg
    texured text.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 82

vid

Looks to me that the halftone effect is the product of outputting film for the printed piece. That's not to say it can't be replicated in Photoshop or Illustrator... I don't have X3 on this computer to see if there's a halftone effect, but I'd guess there is...

Anyway, in Photoshop, set whatever you want for your document size and resolution --- the higher the resolution the better the dots turn out. The samples I've attached were 5.5" x 8" @ 300 dpi in the RGB Color Space.

By your sample, I typed the phrase "TA" and made it light gray (fig. 1 - PMS 428).

SAVE (.PSD)

Then: On your type layer with the type highlighted - Layer >Type >Make Work Path

Then: In the Paths Palette >Make Selection (Window>Paths)

If you didn't save as instructed in step 2 --- SAVE NOW

Then: In the Layers Palette >New Layer (Window>Layers)

*Turn off your Type Layer at some point... ummmm, like now. It needs to be off for this plan to come together by the end - the following figures are with the Type Layer off.*

Fill the selection with a Black to Transparent to Black gradation. (fig. 2)

Bevel that selection to the best of your beveling abilities --- I don't know how to bevel so I faked it. (fig. 3)

Then: Image> Mode >Grayscale (Merge-Yes, your Type Layer will disappear -You saved the file as instructed in step 2, right? ...it's part of the plan)

Then: Image >Mode >Bitmap --- "Flatten Layers" - OK

POP-UP MENU/Warning Adobe Photoshop: Input should read 300 pixels/inch - Output: >300 pixels/inch - Use: Halftone Screen - OK

POP-UP MENU/Bitmap: Frequency: >16 (or your choice for best effect) - Angle: 45 - Shape: Round - OK (fig. 4)

SAVE AS: Format: Photoshop EPS (This is to make the white transparent so that you can overlay it on your colored background)

POP-UP MENU/EPS Options: Whatever the defaults are but make sure that the "TRANSPARENT WHITES" IS CHECKED - OK.

Then: Either Close the File and open your previously saved .PSD version or go back in your History Palette to when you saved the file in step 2.

With your original type layer selected (from step 1) >Select >All

Then: File >Place your EPS file: xxx.eps >Enter Key - That should appear on a new layer.

Then: Create a New Layer below your Type Layer and do that other stuff... (fig. 5)

For more on this type of effect, see Halftone shadow........., a thread at Signs101.

Attachments

• 101_TA_1.jpg
    101_TA_1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 101_TA_2.jpg
    101_TA_2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 101_TA_3.jpg
    101_TA_3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 101_TA_4.jpg
    101_TA_4.jpg