• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!!!!

whitecamelinc

HEY GUYS!!! :help
I just changed the dampers of my JV3 and I am still not getting the black pattern back. I also pulled ink with the syringe but it did not worked either. I am performing a 99 minutes nozzle wash, hopefully is wil bring the black ink back. Does anyone suggest something else that I can do to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Henry

particleman

Check the connections to the head, press them in again. That normally isn't the issue, as the printer will complain if they are loose. Did you do an ink fill up? From a dry line you can do as many as 4 to get ink into the heads properly. 1 or 2 is usually good if the line is primed right.

Have you ever changed the pump? Pretty cheap and easy to change if you haven't

Make sure the capping station is able to seal over the head properly, look for ink build up around the rubber rim, also make sure it is not cracked or torn. All of these things will cause a head not to seal.

jay higgs

Hey Henry
I Changed my pump and damper on my jv3 160 and I still have that same problum
that you do but when I print it seems to print just fine. It sure would be nice to
figure out our problum. Keep in touch. Thanks Jay

whitecamelinc

Nothing worked

Hi Jay,

Nothing that I could possible do worked. I'm gonna have to get a technician coming in. I gotta pay $150 per hour plus the pieces to be replaced. That is going to kill my pocket... :banghead:Anyway, keep in touch. I am glad that your machine is printing back again.

Henry

maxxgraphix

Pull ink into the damper with the syringe and place back onto the print head. Return the print heads to park.
Open the back cover to access the pump and disconnect the the black discharge line. Pull ink with the syringe here also. Reconnect the line. Run FillInk.

If you still do not get the black pattern you have other problems. Cables, bad printhead, leaking manifold, o-rings, damper leak, capping station, etc...

I found the above method a sure fire way to prime your heads without a mess. Some line clamps can also be helpful.

jay higgs

Hey Guys
I just got my jv3 and its about 2 1/2 years old. it came with a bad pump so I had a tech
came out and replace it and got it going with all color showing in my test pattern. the next day it was missing half the black like henrys but the prints seem just fine should I be conserned.
Good luck henry, I hope they get you going

maxxgraphix

Pull the black head cover and look at the black feed lines. See ink? If one is clear then you have a leak. The feed lines after time will get brittle and crack. Any small leak will cause the head to loose prime. The damper is next, then the capping station and pump. The pump must be able to pull ink into the head. Any leak will prevent this.

Hey Guys
I just got my jv3 and its about 2 1/2 years old. it came with a bad pump so I had a tech
came out and replace it and got it going with all color showing in my test pattern. the next day it was missing half the black like henrys but the prints seem just fine should I be conserned.
Good luck henry, I hope they get you going

jay higgs

I got ink in the lines and one damper is filled and the other is half full on the black, I did the fill Ink mode and hooked a syringe to the tube below the pump in the back and the ink just doesn't seem to want to pull through. there is two patterns printed in the test print mode for each color. the black only has one pattern showing and it seems like it is printing fine when I print out art work. Since the print is fine I wonder if I should just leave it alone.

ColesCreations

You're only getting half the black ink you should, I assume you are running dual CMYK? If so, half the black print head is plugged, if you had a 6-color printer, there would have been black and a different color in this head.

Have you tried to soak the heads with cleaning solution? May be the only thing that will help. Maybe going as far as unplugging the printer, sliding the head out and put some plastic under the heads and filling with solvent, just make sure the solvent does not dissolve the plastic.

Are you sure the damper is OK? Even if it is new, it may still be damaged. Or the damper seal? Are you sure there is ink in the cartridge? Weigh it, if it is less than 400 g, it's empty. Can you unplug the hose from the damper and pull ink? Since the other half of black is fine, I assume the capping station is OK. The longer it sits without working, the higher the chance is of having to replace a head.

jay higgs

Thanks Coles Creations
I'll try to soak the head in solvent and check my damper seal again. I have been running it and it seems to be printing fine but like you said both need to print or the head may go bad. Thanks