Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by rwalker, May 8, 2010.

1. rwalker

rwalker New Member

May 9, 2009
    I own a Mutoh outdoor jr. I have had this machine for 7 years and through those years I have replaced head fuses, heads caping station, etc. but I have a problem that is stumping me.

Yesterday after printing several decals the machine stoped printing color and the black prints, but doesn't look good at all. I checked the head fuses all good I did my usual process of elimination...pull ink from the waste lines clean heads, etc but nothing brings back the color.

I can do a nozzle check and it prints a color line and black as well but when I do a test print nothing but grainy black. I did a check on the head rank to see if maybe by some chance while I was resetting my permeters I did something but the ranks are good.

Can someone guide me on what else to do?:banghead:

Tags:
  2. Finishline Signs

Finishline Signs Active Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Crestview, FL
    I forgot to ask you this morning but I guess you can draw color ink through the head and the dampers are full? Can you post a picture of the nozzle check and what the black print looks like?

3. stoogenc

stoogenc Owner

Mar 6, 2009
    Bakersville N.C.
    I had that problem once when ink built up in the pump station rollers. The problem was that the hoses on the new pump station I bought had a arder tube then the last one, which cause them to flatten and and start clogging them up. I replace the hose with a good flexable tubing and haven't had the problem since. (just a thought)

Jim
    Carolina Sign Source