Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by evie, Jan 15, 2011.

1. evie

evie Member

Jun 26, 2010
    riverside ca
    printing 20' x 4' truck sides on a mutoh falcon outdoor 46" printer. It started beeping in the middle of the print, and gave this message with a non stop beep "eo66err y motor" what is this?

Tags:
  2. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    book says carriage motor error. that's kind of all it says - it doesnt elaborate.
    It does say it requires a restart.
    It seems to indicate that there may have been a foreign object in the way. or a head strike.Was there a head stirke?

3. evie

evie Member

Jun 26, 2010
    riverside ca
    Thanks, I think that was right. Do you know where I can get the book that you have? I want a better printer, do you recommend one. Thanks Again!

4. AUTO-FX

Feb 14, 2010
    Well, no. I looked in the premium forum where it might be and it isnt. Maybe i will put a copy of my user guide in there, but it will take some time to scan it all in to a PDF document...

Meantime, turn your machine off, wait a minute, then back on and it should reset itself, but unfortunately you lost your print job.

5. evie

evie Member

Jun 26, 2010
    riverside ca
    Thanks, I bought it used, so I don't have it. I use one of those scanners that you drop in a stack, and it just auto feeds. Cost me about 4 bills though. I am at a huge loss on this one, and I am suppose to install tomorrow. Back to work, thanks again!

6. AUTO-FX

Feb 14, 2010
    Well, I'll tell ya, i give you a lot of credit - I know you bought that machine used and you have worked your way through the learning curve pretty much by yourself - and apparently without a manual! From what I remember, you didnt even have prior printing experience. I think that says a lot!

7. evie

evie Member

Jun 26, 2010
    riverside ca
    Thanks, you are exactly right. It has a little bit of a learning curve, but it has more stupid features than anything. I am able to do just about anything on it, but it is error prone. I tried to contact mutoh for a manual, no reply. Do you recommend any other printer? Also, I am using flexi, and it is slow and buggy too. What RIP should I get?

8. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
  9. AUTO-FX

Feb 14, 2010
    Cool, that saves me alot of scanning. Thanks Randya!