• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help

evie

printing 20' x 4' truck sides on a mutoh falcon outdoor 46" printer. It started beeping in the middle of the print, and gave this message with a non stop beep "eo66err y motor" what is this?

AUTO-FX

book says carriage motor error. that's kind of all it says - it doesnt elaborate.
It does say it requires a restart.
It seems to indicate that there may have been a foreign object in the way. or a head strike.Was there a head stirke?

evie

Thanks, I think that was right. Do you know where I can get the book that you have? I want a better printer, do you recommend one. Thanks Again!

AUTO-FX

Well, no. I looked in the premium forum where it might be and it isnt. Maybe i will put a copy of my user guide in there, but it will take some time to scan it all in to a PDF document...

Meantime, turn your machine off, wait a minute, then back on and it should reset itself, but unfortunately you lost your print job.

evie

Thanks, I bought it used, so I don't have it. I use one of those scanners that you drop in a stack, and it just auto feeds. Cost me about 4 bills though. I am at a huge loss on this one, and I am suppose to install tomorrow. Back to work, thanks again!

AUTO-FX

Well, I'll tell ya, i give you a lot of credit - I know you bought that machine used and you have worked your way through the learning curve pretty much by yourself - and apparently without a manual! From what I remember, you didnt even have prior printing experience. I think that says a lot!

evie

Thanks, you are exactly right. It has a little bit of a learning curve, but it has more stupid features than anything. I am able to do just about anything on it, but it is error prone. I tried to contact mutoh for a manual, no reply. Do you recommend any other printer? Also, I am using flexi, and it is slow and buggy too. What RIP should I get?