• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!

allen sign co

I tried to initiate a head wash (never did one before) and we don't have a cleaning cartridge for each head. I tried to cancel it, now the printer is stuck asking me to "set a filling up tool". Can anyone help?

iSign

could be you just need to use an eyedropper and fill the capping station with cleaning fluid & the head drops into the for the prescribed time period, no need for cleaning cartridges for the cleanings I do... but i've done it so long i don't remember if i'm doing a "nozzle wash", "custody wash" or a "head wash"... so I'd download the manual & read it..

sfr table hockey

Not sure if this will work on your printer but when the old Rolands want to do a fill up or pump up you can't stop it (as far as I know). I even turned the power off and back on but still it wanted to do the same thing.

But if you can remove the pump lines from the captops the printer will then be able to pump (as long as it is for a timed period) and not need to draw ink or cleaning fluid and waste a pile of ink. It should go through the motions and when done put the lines back on and do a regular cleaning to flush any ink that may have run out into the captops.

My printer takes a long time to go through a pump up so I am sure a flush may be similar if it has to load a line full of cleaning fluid then again a line full of ink.

MikePro

lol. sucks, but its a headache when you select "Head Wash" (which cleans the WHOLE system) instead of "Nozzle Wash" (which allows you to simply soak the heads).

Power-down, turn off all switches, and power back up. If you comply with the head wash cycle and remove carts, your printer will empty out all the ink lines and then expect you to insert cleaning cartridges to fill the system with fluid.

sfr table hockey

What it will let you do is let the printer think its pumping out all the ink, then when it tells you to put the cleaning carts in you can at least put the ink carts in and let it think its pumping cleaning fluid and finally it will ask for the ink carts back in and do another pump up and think its doing it.

All this time it will be going through the motions and not wasting your ink. Its worth a try.

sfr table hockey

any chance you have old carts that don't have the chip on them or remove the chip from the cart and put back on later.

If the cleaning carts have a special chip then I have no other ideas. If they are just a cart without chips then you still may be able to trick the printer.

This is just a guess on the chip thing.

The old Rolands don't have chips to worry about.