• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!!

ucmj22

Came in this morning to find the print I had going last night mangled and the carriage separated. I restarted the printer, did a manual clean, ran a cleaning cycle, did a print test and got the Attached result. I ran a medium clean and it came out the same. this is my first major malfunction, and of course it is on a saturday so support is closed. Anyone know what to do?

ucmj22

sorry, forgot the image
this image sucks, I think the general blue and red colors shown are ghosts because they are undetectable here in the shop, I think it is just a phone camera thing.

Attachments

• print test.jpg
    print test.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

artbot

when you say it got mangled. is this a printer cutter and the cutter separated? also was the head parked on the capping stations when you got in? if not your heads are dried out and you need to soak them. do a search on head soak on this forum to learn how.

also, get a flashlight. push the carriage over to the left to see the bottom of the heads. do they look pristine? or scratched up?

nwbee

Yea, I would say that they dried out. There might be some damage but if they stayed off of the capping station all night, they dried out. Soak them ASAP!

MikePro

#1: day-long head soaks (called nozzle wash on my jv3, and i power-down the printer to go longer than the 99min max). test print, check for improvements, and repeat as desired. I once left a wash set for the whole weekend and came back to find a perfect test draw!

#2: syringe with cleaning solution. use to push solution through your dampers and down through the printheads at no faster than 1cc/10sec. I usually flush about 20cc through, and then take a syringe full of ink and repeat the process to flush out the solution and "prime" the heads with ink.

repeat #1 after #2 if necessary, and back to #2 again if you want to take one more shot at it before giving in to head replacement.

I run into this all the time. Doing a few medium or a power clean should clear this up.
I would put the printer into your weekly clean mode then swab the heads with a well solvent soaked swab. Don't scrub them... just pat them with pressure to force the solvent into the nozzles. Then do a power clean.
This method is the least wearing on your heads and has worked for me countless times!