• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

MGraphics

Hello all,

Running a Hp45500 FB with Poster Shop 7.0 I am printing SBS Board two sided. I print side one... no issues... flip over run same file again on side 2 and it shrinks the image slightly so by the end of the sheet my print is out 1/2" or more from one side to the other and is out side to side at the tail end of the print.... have wasted tooooo much time trying to find the problem... It is an older FB so dont know if many people run it.... ANY AND ALL HELP IS NEED!!!

Thanks,
Ryan
:banghead::frustrated:

genericname

Fraid I don't know anything about that model of printer, but is it possible that, instead of the print area shrinking, the SBS is expanding? Have you played with heat settings, and what is the humidity like in your area?

Sorry, these are just shots in the dark, but they're the first thing that would come to mind in any print process with your results.

MGraphics

it only shrinks image by height.. width stays the same.... I cant tell if it is RIP issue or the printer it self.... I dont change a darn thing between prints... Thanks for the input.. will keep trying different things :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What happens if you print the same image to a totally different second piece of substrate ??

There's no way on this earth, a printer can tell if you slid the same piece in on the other side...... or if it's a totally new piece.

MikeH

Shot in the dark, is the bottom roll driving, more than likely yes. Is it slipping on the ink therefore not feeding to the next pass of the inkjet head as far thus making the print shorter. IE the traction on the media is better than on the ink.

MGraphics

Gino I did try that and yes it did that on two totally different sheets.. printed a different iamge and teh switched to another and it shortened it.... Mike: it is fed by pinch rollers on the top and a platten vaccum on the bottom... no evidence on prints of it going over a spot twice.....

genericname

it only shrinks image by height.. width stays the same.... I cant tell if it is RIP issue or the printer it self.... I dont change a darn thing between prints... Thanks for the input.. will keep trying different things :)

Oooooooooh! That would lead me to believe that you need to adjust your feed comp. Chances are, the ink either isn't dry enough, or is at least providing less traction on the roller than a blank piece of material would be.

How precise does this print have to be? If the difference in size is always the same, you could just stretch a second RIP file to accommodate it. Failing that, just le the ink from the first side dry more.