Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helping a friend

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by abadsvt, May 4, 2010.

1. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Hey guys and girls! A friend of mine decided to open up a Real Estate Company and asked if can help make her logo. I told her that she would be better off hiring someone who does it on a normal basis than myself but she wanted to see what i can come up with first. I realized when trying to design my logo that the creative side of the brain isn't working yet (LOL) and luckly i don't get many people who asking for logo designs. Long story short here is what i came up with but feel it is "generic and novice" type of logo. So i thought i would get your opinions. Any comments on things i might tweak to give it more of a professional appearance would be much appreciated. Thanks

Josh

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I would choose a different typeface for the subcopy

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    For me it's too whimsical and I would also use a more legible type face for everything. One thing these realtors want and that's name recognition and quick reads.

4. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I just realized i never posted what we came up with. I think it looks good maybe not the best real estate logo ever created but its simple and the my friend really likes it. I am curious though on your guys opinion. Let me know what you think. Thanks everyone!

also in my first post i mentioned that she was opening up a real estate office but it turns out she bought it. I miss heard hear the first time. Just clearing that up.

Attached Files: