• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helping Teacher, Cub Scout Leader, with WinXP Roland ColorCAMM (Pro) PC-600

MotownBatman

Hi Everyone;
I am trying to be a good neighbor and help our local Cub Scout Leader & Teacher, She has a lot on her plate.
She used to have a business making Vinyl for Horse Trailers but now make everything for the local Elem. School and everything for the Kiddos Scout stuff.

Her Roland PC-600 has been sitting for a few months INOP, I have the PC working again Temporarily, but it seems to only cut when I have Oddball settings chosen in the Print menu.
While in COREL 9, she says there was a "Paper Type" that she would have to Manually Enter, but when we attempt to do so, the Text field just Zeros Out and leaves "0.01"
I got it to Cut once, but it was not to proper dimensions, I was happy enough it actually Cut the Design out lol.

I would like to attempt Building a New/Used Windows XP Machine: I believe I have a Q8400 that should run XP seamlessly, I would like to it have Working 100% before taking it to her.
I Also have Purchased the IEEE-1284 to USB Cable, but haven't tried it on her old system yet due to the Easter holiday

However, I cannot seem to find Any Software needed, She has her Copy & Lic. Key for Corel 9, but I cannot locate any of the Proprietary software from Roland besides the Drivers.

This Thread here States I should Need "RCC Version 4.1" But I cannot find it anywhere: Or any Software for that Matter.

PC12 & Older Thread: PC600... Need ColorChoice v2x & v3x
In case anyone one is curious which versions work with the PC600 & which ones don't...
Version 2.0 - UNKNOWN
Version 2.X - UNKNOWN
Version 3.0 - SHOULD WORK
(I assume this is the version of RCC that originally shipped with PC600's)
Version 3.1 - WORKS (supports PC600 exclusively)
Version 3.1b - WORKS (supports both PC600 & some Cammjets)
Version 4.1 - WORKS (supports PC600 Colorcamm exclusively)
Version 4.2 - UNKNOWN STILL LOOKING FOR 4.2 FOR THE PC12 MACHINE!
Version 4.5 - DOES NOT WORK
(supports only Cammjets, Soljets & HiFijet)

I Would Greatly Appreciate any help: Trying to score some Afterlife Brownie Points lol

Phil

Attachments

• roland 2.jpg
    roland 2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 155
  • roland 3.jpg
    roland 3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 30
  • roland.jpg
    roland.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 32

Attila Nagy

I would not Bother using Roland Drivers and Softwares. Find an older Copy of FlexiSign and it will run all your old Cutters and Printers directly.
Flexi7.6 Runs on Windows7 32bit. with no issues. 64bit Rip/Print could fail. Flexi8 runs on windows7 32 or 64 bit with no issues.
For windows10 or 11. you might need Flexi10.5 or higher versions.

MotownBatman

So from an IT standpoint, I can build or install any OS. She's currently using a beat to hell dell early Core2Duo.
I want to start with a Fresh Test system, rather than attempting to Overhaul\Clean Up her current system: My IT OCD gets angry quickly looking at her setup lol.
I cant say I fully understand the Printer as I've only messed with it a few times, but don't have easy 24/7 troubleshoot access sitting next to me to play with.
I was able to get Corel 9 to Print 1 thing I had select, I had the Dimensions off so it was giant lol, but then it wasn't wanting to print anything else, it would just sit in the Spooler.

I would love to use Windows 7, but everything I have found states Nothing 64-Bit, and Nothing above Win XP... I have access to All versions of windows.
I cannot locate any of this software. I was hoping someone one here might be able to direct me towards an ftp site or something of that nature... Mine are all for Ms-Dos or Win 3x stuff.

Like I said I did purchase the USB to Serial Cable, but I haven't used it yet to see if that will help any, even with the current XP setup:

DOES Windows 7\8\10\11 Work with the USB Cable and just use Generic Drivers??

I Guess I need to understand this... I have the NT Driver installed for the Printer, She Uses Corel 9 for her Designs, Corel 9 is where she Prints from... Is there anything else needed from here? RCC Does what?

Are there any Open Source/Free Options? InkScape does not seem to show support for the Pc-600...

MotownBatman

It also may or may not be on a pirate themed website, crack and all.
LOL,
I was an OG Pirate, I had a crazy T1 Connection at my First Legit IT job 2k3.
These days I don't really sail the seas, I am the proud owner of 2 Notices over the years.
So I rumble the archives lol

MotownBatman

Just came across this guy's site, it may be helpful, but I really am not sure what you are needing in the end. https://chrisandriessen.nl/colorchoice
I found this Oddly maybe 45 min before you posted it, I still have the tabs for that rabbit hole open in a browser at work lol.

I think the post I referred to in my initial thread states the PC-600 didn't work in His tests.
Im going to acquire it none the less.

I tore thru his YT comments, everybody asks for other versions, but he doesn't respond

cornholio

Depending on what your "customers" intend to do with it, it's probably easier to buy a sign software(under 100 bucks), that supports generic Roland cutters or even HP-GL. I'd also interface it with a serial connection, but that's my take... I always connected the early cutters this way(35 years ago...)
I'd use a Tripplite USA-19HS USB-Serial adapter.(they never failed me. Many cheap noname adapters didn't work for me)

MotownBatman

Depending on what your "customers" intend to do with it, it's probably easier to buy a sign software(under 100 bucks), that supports generic Roland cutters or even HP-GL. I'd also interface it with a serial connection, but that's my take... I always connected the early cutters this way(35 years ago...)
I'd use a Tripplite USA-19HS USB-Serial adapter.(they never failed me. Many cheap noname adapters didn't work for me)

Budget is $0.00

Something she's been doing the past few years out of her own pocket after she was done with her side biz to help divert Church & Scout money for other use.

I'm personally helping with Tech Repair & Replacement Parts out of Pocket; I didn't honestly think it would be this Difficult to Locate the Software packages needed....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
LOL,
I was an OG Pirate, I had a crazy T1 Connection at my First Legit IT job 2k3.
These days I don't really sail the seas, I am the proud owner of 2 Notices over the years.
So I rumble the archives lol
I wipe my ass with the notices. When I run out of that paper, I use medical bills.

Gino uses the sears catalog, he likes the feel of the glossy finish

netsol

So from an IT standpoint, I can build or install any OS. She's currently using a beat to hell dell early Core2Duo.
I want to start with a Fresh Test system, rather than attempting to Overhaul\Clean Up her current system: My IT OCD gets angry quickly looking at her setup lol.
I cant say I fully understand the Printer as I've only messed with it a few times, but don't have easy 24/7 troubleshoot access sitting next to me to play with.
I was able to get Corel 9 to Print 1 thing I had select, I had the Dimensions off so it was giant lol, but then it wasn't wanting to print anything else, it would just sit in the Spooler.

I would love to use Windows 7, but everything I have found states Nothing 64-Bit, and Nothing above Win XP... I have access to All versions of windows.
I cannot locate any of this software. I was hoping someone one here might be able to direct me towards an ftp site or something of that nature... Mine are all for Ms-Dos or Win 3x stuff.

Like I said I did purchase the USB to Serial Cable, but I haven't used it yet to see if that will help any, even with the current XP setup:

DOES Windows 7\8\10\11 Work with the USB Cable and just use Generic Drivers??

I Guess I need to understand this... I have the NT Driver installed for the Printer, She Uses Corel 9 for her Designs, Corel 9 is where she Prints from... Is there anything else needed from here? RCC Does what?

Are there any Open Source/Free Options? InkScape does not seem to show support for the Pc-600...
i certainly ran mine on 64 bit windows 7, but, if you want use 32 bit windows 7

MotownBatman

I wipe my ass with the notices. When I run out of that paper, I use medical bills.

Gino uses the sears catalog, he likes the feel of the glossy finish
:rock-n-roll:LOL Who knows. I got one for My Name is Earl from ncb, and one of our cad/cam guys at work got one for a certain xzibit show from a music station.... I was the assistant IT guy, I got the full blame lol

cornholio

Well, it's either hours of your time to find some ancient software, that only runs on Win3.1 and takes hours to install ant train your customer, or you "donate" some cash to make it easier for everyone

cornholio

When I checked the installation document for the PC60 (predecessor of the PC600), it showed how to install the printer driver on Win3.1/95 and NT...

MotownBatman

When I checked the installation document for the PC60 (predecessor of the PC600), it showed how to install the printer driver on Win3.1/95 and NT...

Drivers aren't the Issue.

I need the Software included with the OEM CD, She has Corel 9, but I cannot locate anything else.
Also, Nobody's talking about Windows 3.1 Software... If I was it's all about Windows 3.0 MME!

Stacey K

I like making signs
I helped out a person like this once and she went and stole work from me and the other shirt lady in town. The school finally put the kabash on her because she couldn't get orders out on time, and they would call myself or the other lady last minute and we started saying no - not helping you anymore.

Not saying this lady is the same but if scouts or school starts a relationship with a sign/shirt shop, they can offer discounts and other benefits. I do a scout shop tour every year where each kid makes a shirt, get a bunch of stickers, etc. on my dime. It works out pretty well.

MotownBatman

I helped out a person like this once and she went and stole work from me and the other shirt lady in town. The school finally put the kabash on her because she couldn't get orders out on time, and they would call myself or the other lady last minute and we started saying no - not helping you anymore.

Not saying this lady is the same but if scouts or school starts a relationship with a sign/shirt shop, they can offer discounts and other benefits. I do a scout shop tour every year where each kid makes a shirt, get a bunch of stickers, etc. on my dime. It works out pretty well.
Oh, I get it, I'm the nice guy who will let you borrow the riding lawn mower, then find it a month later at the Pawn Shop down 12 Mile & Gratiot lol.

These days the wifey and I moved the Family up to the Styx in a small Town\Village where she grew up: Still a nice Neighborly town with less than 1000.
If you do something bad, someone else's Grandma will Whoop your butt just to make sure you don't go unpunished LOL.

So this is a Legitimate helping of hands, I've been the only dad in the group trying to help out, above and beyond all the other Fundraising and whatnot.
So I'm trying to Not spend any Ca$h on purchasing new System Software, Its a 30 year old Cutter\Printer that somehow still works, I don't want to put $99.95 into a new program for a Plotter I don't think will make it to Labor Day. :p