• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helpp!!

BROOKS

hey,
i own a roland SP-540V and am in the middle of printing a wrap and ran into a problem, on the side closest to the printer head is a solid black 1 inch vertical line i cleaned my printer heads and the wiper blades are were repaced about 2 days ago. the first 2 panels of the wrap printed fine then on the 3rd it started to do this.

Thanks
wrap.jpg

iSign

can't imagine why it's happenning... but if the rest of the print is fine...

...can you afford to print panels that are about 1-1/2" narrower then your normal print width capacity?

...in this case you could program in an extra 1-1/2" overlap, & then expect this issue to continue, but simply cut it off.

I realize you will want to identify & resolve the problem... but you might be able to move forward with your jobs this way... while you look for the source of the problem.

BROOKS

my overlap was at an inch i set it at 2 to compensate for it like you said and that just made the black 2 inches insted of 1 is like it going off of how ever big the overlap is set.

I will call my dealer tomorrow to see if they can help me at all because it was too late when i ran into the problem.

iSign

so, are you letting the software panel the job?

I always hate trusting the software to do that, so I take the whole image for the side of a wrap, and then, in photoshop, & set the "canvas size" to be the size of my first print. I have it crop to the right side if I want to start on the right, then I'll do a "save as" where I name it something like "panel 1"

For the second panel, I'll open the original file & crop out that first 52" (or whatever it was) minus my overlap... then I'll set the "canvas size" again for panel 2, including the overlap.

This method gives you absolute control. It seems like it also might make this issue go away.