• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELPPPPP

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
I have a customers sample cooler that he is taking to a show and giving to a prominent customer of his. Anyhow, the lid was dipped in camo, in the country of origin, maybe koala lumpur, I can not remember. I applied a low tack decal to the top to check alignment to look at a live mock up and when I went to remove it, the dang dip was coming up under my decal, which i barely applied. Question is should I try ca glue under the die cut or apply a matte laminate over the entire piece, or what? Guessing this was a sample because if it wasn't he has other problems to address like why they did not prep the cooler right, or shoot a clear on it etc....

Help and advice welcome...

Brian

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Sometimes on surfaces such as this you can try and "heat treat" it before applying paint and/or vinyl. Forget "Plasti-Dip" it's bad on anything.
Blow torch the surface ever so carefully without burning it. Clean really good with 70% alcohol then apply vinyl.
Good luck.

studio 440

I have a customers sample cooler that he is taking to a show and giving to a prominent customer of his. Anyhow, the lid was dipped in camo, in the country of origin, maybe koala lumpur, I can not remember. I applied a low tack decal to the top to check alignment to look at a live mock up and when I went to remove it, the dang dip was coming up under my decal, which i barely applied. Question is should I try ca glue under the die cut or apply a matte laminate over the entire piece, or what? Guessing this was a sample because if it wasn't he has other problems to address like why they did not prep the cooler right, or shoot a clear on it etc....

Help and advice welcome...

Brian
all of those slide decal dips must be dry and then coated with a urethane clear sounds like he just dipped it and didnt clear it if thats the case you have to clear it yourself before you apply your graphic use a good automotive clear with catalyst

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
Thanks everyone. Just gave that one back to him and applied decal (ij35c) to front of a new cooler instead of lid. He was very understanding saying it happens, but I did offer to buy it.. Guessing after talking to twn and lliquid print that those are still part of his sample runs that they did not run every step on. I did flame treat it just to be sure it stuck....