Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hemi Cuda graphic work

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by fmg, Jun 3, 2013.

1. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Hello.
    Not one really to show off work.
    Thought some of you may like to see the car as well as the work we did.
    This is a Plymouth Hemi Cuda 1970'.The car had a complete restoration and we were asked to replicate all the graphic decals to make them look very authentic as the original.These are all logos from the 70's.
    This car will be raced in Europe and has been commissioned by Chrysler.It was in a concours car show this past weekend.
    Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Delta, Ohio
    I like it.

3. MR. Graphics

MR. Graphics Member

May 10, 2011
    great job. :rock-n-roll:

4. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Thank you and Thank you.
    Note all the applications are to original spec.We obtained a picture of the car from the 70's and replicated all fonts and sizes exact.
    Really enjoyed this project as simple as it is it was very challenging recreating.

5. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

My favorite muscle car! Awesome job :thumb:

6. FTG

FTG Member

Aug 17, 2011
    South Dakota
    Awesome, we've replicated some old drag cars from the 70's kinda fun to bring something back to life.

7. DKgrafix

DKgrafix Very Active Member

Looks great

8. Sweet work! I love Vintage Replica Decal jobs

9. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Thank you everyone.I feel honored to work on this project especially being from England and the car is an American icon.
    Thanks for looking and commenting.:thumb:

10. AceSignsOnline

AceSignsOnline Member

Apr 17, 2013
    This is great! Love the authenticity.

11. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    You did a nice job & it looks nice & all

To bad Chrysler made a bad choice for vinyl instead of paint ... myself if I see vinyl on show or older race car like this see it I just walk away & find one that is painted to admire.
    .... Sees NO craftsmanship in vinyl yes design takes lots of skill & yes color & print & yes to apply well takes a certain amount of skill to do right.

But I really don't care how way cool of design & difficult it is to finish it is just that a shinny object & a bore to look at if in vinyl.& nothing to admire.

Excuse the rant

But certainly glad ya'll making good money doing what ya doing & yes vinyl has it's place. just not where it is to be admired for craftsmanship.

12. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    So, how'd you go about getting permission from all of the logos you reproduced in vinyl ??

13. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Plymouth

Was that the Chrysler logo back in the 60's / 70's, my mother had a Valiant(sp) Duster and my father always used the word Plymouth when referring to the car. I think it had a slant 6 in it, and that is what they designed the first barracuda out of. Did you do the paint job too or just the stickers.

14. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    I went and look for an 1970's ad for Plymouth on google...I could be wrong.

15. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    It was commissioned by Chrysler Mopar to replicate in firm writing.The car restoration company is a major player in the states.They are one of the only appointed vintage Ferrari restoration companies.
    Their website is down at present for updates however if you have time take a look at their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/redlineresto

16. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    The paint job was performed by the restoration company We just supplied and applied all the graphic decals.

17. cajun312

cajun312 Active Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Louisiana
  18. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Nice follow on article.
    Is that front air dam jacked up or is that the way the installed them back in the day?
    I owned a 68 with a 383 but the island weather had rotted out the whole rear sub frame by the time I bought it.

wayne k
    guam usa