• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HEP!!! Mutoh 46"

Arthur Sanchez

I have a Falcon JR. 46" that keeps giving me "Different kind of ink message" after I install the bulk system cartridges. All six have the chrome sticker. It reads them as I install them , but when I finish installing them I get the same message. The cleaning cartridges work but, not the ink cartridges. I just got the printer it is old but hardly used and I do mean hardly, it's in mint shape. Please anyone out there that can help? Is it the cartridges? The chrome sticker? Firmware?
It's made by Mutoh but has a PrismJet sticker on it. Thanks

vinylink0331

You might take a look at the chips on the side & compare it to the chips on the cleaning cartridge. If different that will be the problem. If not call tech support. I had the same problem with my ValueJet & it was the chips on the side that the printer reads. Hope this helps.

randya

The orientation of the sticker determines whether it is identified as a cleaning cartridge or ink cartridge, my bet is that you need to rotate the sticker.

Contact your 3rd party ink supplier, they should know.

Arthur Sanchez

I solved the problem, Almost. The refillable cartridges need a tab or hole on the bottom right side of the cartridge and the silver sticker or it won't work. I think LavaInk carries the right one.
Thanks To All!!