• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here We Go Again, loop de loop

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahhh.... are we suppose to be looking at something or just using our imagination ?? :covereyes:

oops, I see it now........................​

Imagine showing your customers their new shop with signs, or their vehicle all wrapped and they can walk around it via a augmented reality headset. Might help close some deals.

WildWestDesigns

Imagine showing your customers their new shop with signs, or their vehicle all wrapped and they can walk around it via a augmented reality headset. Might help close some deals.

I just don't know if it will get past the novelty stage though. That's the big thing. Sure, it's the "in" thing and everyone is oo'ing and aahhh'ing, but a few yrs down the line, is it really going to still be a "thing"? That I am just unsure of.

Steve45

I think VR is here to stay. I’m old enough to remember when signs were all hand painted. Then came the vinyl cutter. And the sign painter never thought It would stay. Then with time and cheaper prices it’s here to stay. Then with not as much resistance the printer came. Not the greatest color gamut and machines were pricey. 10 years later. The prices dropped the quality improved and now almost every shop has one. I purchased a VR headset for my kids 3 years ago and once I got to use it. I thought I’m not sure I like this. Although it was new it was pretty realistic. And now you can get an oculus quest for 399.00 and I don’t even need the 2000.00 computer to run it. It’s a stand-alone VR headset. And now I read Facebook is involved with some kind of vr world where you can hang with your friends without leaving your house. I’m not sure I like that side of VR but I think it’s not just a phase or a trend it’s here to stay and gaining speed

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I'm still trying to make sense of the acquisition. What exactly does this bring to Creative Cloud? I don't really care about buying a high priced Oculus headset. What I think would be good is Adobe actually having a real stand-along 3D modeling/animation app that is a whole lot more than the Lite version of Cinema4D bundled in with After Effects. I'd be thrilled if Creative Cloud simply had a full version of Cinema4D included. The VR thing is a narrow niche. I can't work that into normal sign design projects. Modeling and animating assets in 3D can be a very time consuming process. I'm not going go to all that trouble just to present a conventional sign design in a VR presentation. Give me a tool I can use to incorporate 3D modeled artwork into actual sign designs; something that meshes neatly with Illustrator and Photoshop. Otherwise I might as well just use Blender for any 3D work.

WildWestDesigns

I'm still trying to make sense of the acquisition. What exactly does this bring to Creative Cloud?

Without knowing their end game it's hard to say.

I'm wondering if you are asking in terms of CC in general or in terms of CC with your and/or this particular industry specifically? Those could yield vastly different answers. And like I said, knowing their end game could help reconcile why they are making this acquisition.

Otherwise I might as well just use Blender for any 3D work.

I'm sure I'm adding inflection where none was intended, but that reads (to me) like an insult. 2.8 has made really remarkable strides. I would consider it the poster child for what is able to be accomplished and be used on a professional level (it's been utilized on some level in major productions). Now compare that to Kdenlive (despite how many people rave about it, I can't stand that buggy software), that's an entirely different animal. I would (and do) use Blender's 1 core rendering VSE for my video needs compared to Kdenlive.