Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's a new one on the 560.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by eahicks, Nov 21, 2019.

1. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    So suddenly this morning, I loaded a new roll of print vinyl on the 560. Went through the usual steps....when it was initializing, the head carriage moved as it usually does to scan the material for size. Well it returned and threw up a message saying "move the material 586.something mil. to the right", with 3 buttons, Cancel, Skip and Ok. Skip brings up a screen saying that it thinks I'm loading a transparent material?, then I have to manually enter the material width. If you cancel or hit ok then it just cancels the loading process.
    Anyone ever see this? It does look like the sensor on the top is not shooting the light down as it scans, so I assume it isn't detecting any material. I tried to clean the sensor but nothing. No other errors popping up.
    I've put in a call to our tech, so we'll see what happens.

Tags:
  2. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    may have fixed it...we'll see

3. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    HP L360 Have had the line sensor go bad. While we were waiting for a new one we would hit skip and input the settings manually. Everything seemed to work normal. Didn't have any major issues.