• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's my story

VibrantVinyl

My father in law ownes a Rental store that rents out construction equipment and thought it would be a good idea if I stickered all of their equipment and do side work also. so about a year ago he bought me a Mutoh Falcon Jr printer and a graphtec cutter. After a year I am still pretty clueless on it all. I have just taught myself the basics by playing around all day so hopefully I can learn some stuff from you guys:wink:

threeputt

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest. Now, how are you going to break the news to your father in law that you'll need a laminiator? Few thousand bucks.

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum n ppl
clear shield is a good liquid lamonator
what software ya using
study the how to's on that
read the archives here on your machine
read, read, read, then practice ..
if ya are likeing you will read of how to improve

wraps r kewl

Flame

So you bought $20K worth of equipment, without knowing anything about it or the industry?

You'll REALLY be needing this site then. LOL

Welcome!

jiarby

It's been a year and you are
still pretty clueless on it all
??

what's causing you the most trouble?

I want to build a swimming pool, so I went out and bought a backhoe... Is there a forum I can go to and learn how to dig a hole with it? Then I can dig a bunch of holes for all my buddies too and have a side business.

VibrantVinyl

So you bought $20K worth of equipment, without knowing anything about it or the industry?

You'll REALLY be needing this site then. LOL

Welcome!

well I didn't buy the equipment myself and it didnt seem like I could turn it down. It sounded better than the coffee shop I worked at. I did go to signwarehouse for a couple days of training though.:Cool 2:

Last edited:

VibrantVinyl

what's causing you the most trouble?

I have lately just been having problems importing and exporting some files. I have a problem getting rid of the white box when importing from photoshop to flexi, probably the usual stuff people have problems with if they have never really taken graphics class..................I am a lot better then when I first started though.:beer

Jackpine

Welcome to the group. There is a learning curve in everything, even if some think not. We all started "in the beginning". There are many here who are willing to help anyone that wants to learn. It is NOT rocket science. Take a deep breath and relax, it will work out.