• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey all its been a while! Mutoh Falcon Jr help needed with print head fuse's...

Knep

OK, so I was a bad owner, had a brain fade and dropped everything and moved to Tennessee for a lady friend, spend almost 2 years there and came back to Indiana with out her :(. Ok enough of the sob story, I took my printer with me and did some odd jobs with it here and there, but when i moved in with her, she wouldn't let me bring it to her house, so I put it in storage, and did not properly clean it (my own stupidity, this I know!) I had no plans of leaving it there long term. Short version, it set for a year! I have taken it apart, had to put a new transmission gear in it, replaced the black print head cable as I messed it up trying to plug it back in, cleaned it best I could, soaked heads, put them in a ultra sonic cleaner, put it all back together, and tried to pull some ink though, well I can pull though manually is yellow, maybe that's a good sign? Next step, I thought well I'll try a nozzle check, well nothing printed not even yellow. So tonight I thought well i'll check the head fuses. The one on the left is good on the right, bad on the left, right side i get the red light from my tester on both sides. So my one question is which side does the left fuse control? Next question, I know worst case scenario I will have to replace print heads, are they even still available? I know I have priced on CMYKparts.com and Solventinkjet.com, they are quite pricey now compared to when I first bought this printer and replaced them. I almost got suckered on printheadsite.com deal! Does anyone have anything else to add that I may need to check? I am planning on replacing the dampers as well. Advise on doing more of a deep clean on the heads to try and get them cleaned out?

Thanks,
Mike!