• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Edge Printers - advise me and quote me!

jtiii

I paid good money for you to read this!
Hey y'all I'm looking for 14 of these, 10"x11". They're going on fire trucks. Would they look better printed with metallic gold foil on white, or white foil on metallic gold? Anyone wanna quote me?
Thanks!
PPFD Truck 150th.jpg

mmblarg

Agree with Fred Weiss - gold foil on white. Personally, we've had multiple issues with foils properly heating to specialty vinyls, less so when it's the other way around.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just a warning that gold foil fades over a couple years.

So does gold metallic vinyl. 3M HP rating is 3 to 5 years versus 7 years plus for white vinyl. Printing with a Clear UV overprint will extend the life of gold metallic foil by 18 to 24 months. However, since the fire trucks are parked indoors most of the time, sun fade resistance is not a major factor.

jtiii

Sign gold or gold leaf would make those decals look really sharp.
I agree EXCEPT that they're so small on the trucks - I figured it would be a waste, especially for the gold leaf. How would we do these with sign gold? A printed white decal cut, placed on the gold, then cut again?
Can any of you edge folks do them like that?

Billct2

We use thermal printable Sign gold. But if they are small it may not be worth it, unless there is sign gold on the truck elsewhere to match

Front Signs

Hey y'all I'm looking for 14 of these, 10"x11". They're going on fire trucks. Would they look better printed with metallic gold foil on white, or white foil on metallic gold? Anyone wanna quote me?
Thanks!
View attachment 134644
We can offer you stickers with the exact same colors, as it is in the picture, without a metallic gold foil.
But still, if you want to get a quote for that, you are open to contact us.
844-833-1188
hello@frontsigns.com

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rather than using actual metallic gold foil, can't an Edge duplicate a metallic look by proper profiling the gold ?? We've done numerous jobs that looked like metallic gold using CMYK.

One thing, it was not an Edge, but eco solve printers.​

jtiii

We use thermal printable Sign gold. But if they are small it may not be worth it, unless there is sign gold on the truck elsewhere to match
Bill, there IS engine turned gold lettering on the vehicles. I'd decided that it wouldn't be worth it to use engine turned gold on these smallish (10"x11") decals. But I wasn't aware that thermal printable sign gold was a thing! I'll look into the pricing on foil vs sign gold.