• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey everyone! Looking for close font

Jackflush

Gorgor
I would like to know how you would go about finding a font that looks close.

Attachments

• archer.jpg
    archer.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 80

GB2

Old Member
Well, since you are specifically asking about the process, this appears to be a hand painted job so there probably is no exact match. Also, since the font is distorted it makes it very difficult to use any computer program to try to identify the font. Therefore, there is only one method left, you can try a few fonts that you might know from experience, otherwise you just have to start searching. Focus on some unique element such as the serif on the R, the style of the C or the single left side serif on the A, then go through your installed fonts using any software that will allow you to type out ARCHER and view it in different fonts. After that you could use a web based service such as What the Font or What Font Is to search fonts that you don't have. Finally, you go on Signs101 and ask for help!

Jackflush

Gorgor
Thanks ahhhahahaha very funny

I have been modifying one here and have only made uglier than it was.

Thanks I will give those a try

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
While this or that type face might work for you, the original panel is hand lettered.

This is obvious from the way the brush strokes have weathered and the asymmetrical nature of the device below "Archer".

When hand lettering panels such as these, unless you're reproducing an actual design in print, you use whatever alphabets you know often combined with a healthy dose of making it up as you go along. Any resemblance of the result to any actual typeface is purely coincidental.

GB2

Old Member
Thanks ahhhahahaha very funny

I have been modifying one here and have only made uglier than it was.

Thanks I will give those a try

Funny...it wasn't meant to be funny...your question was:

"I would like to know how you would go about finding a font that looks close"

Sorry I misunderstood your intention.