• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey, Graphtec Neal!

Bogie

Coupla packing tips:

1) Put the manual and stuff ON TOP or maybe with a little thing printed on the box that says "your manual is here." Only thing that was accessible was the warranty stuff. Hope I don't need it...

2) The Chinese stuff is moderately interesting, and I'm sure that lawyers from about 4-5 different cultures are happy with it all, but don'tcha think that a "how to put this contraption together" would be a nice thing to include in the boxes? I've got plenty of little screws, and still more little L-shaped dealies to add to my hex wrench collection, and now I'm going to have a beer (I've found it somewhat aids the thought process...), and try to figure out how the stand goes togther.

Take a look at the US Cutter manual - I'm guessing your stand goes together somewhat like theirs... That one only took "one beer" to assemble.

Bogie

Went out to garage. Looked through cardboard. Confirmed no "how the darn thing goes together" book.

I've got the bottom portion of the stand together. 1.5 beers. I'm guessing as to how the top is configured.

Bogie

3 beers. It's on, and I've only got four screws left over. Not really sure where they go, but I suppose I'll find out eventually. May or may not config the software tonight. Also need to install CS on this machine...

Bogie

Oh I _found_ the manual...

On the software disk. After I got the thing put together.

And I don't think it really had all that much in it about assembly, beyond some better pictures of the finished product. The little postage-stamp sized ones on the paper that shipped with it (among all the Chinese and disclaimers....) weren't a lot of help.

Bogie

Better get yerself another slab of beer for tomorrow....

You're not far off...

For two programs that are allegedly from the same company, and seem to have more or less the same interface, the Photoprint 4.05 that came with my Mutoh and the Cutting Master program that came with the Graphtec DO NOT want to play nice-nice with each other...

Just spent a few hours messing with the thing... At first, Photoprint was trying to print to nowhere, because the Graphtech driver had taken over (but didn't wanna talk to the Mutoh...), then I figured out the change for the bit (buried, of course...), and got the Mutoh to print. Then I took the resulting chunka vinyl, stuffed it in the meticulously setup graphtec (boy, that little "test triangle square" dealie is fun to play with... and you really don't need a lot of knife or a lot of force), and figured out just where to put things for the sensor to read the first registration mark.

Then I get an HPGL 1 error... Argh...

I quit.

Todd M Castle

If the photoprint that you have is the Mutoh Edition of Photoprint which is SE I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do cutting of your printed images. You may have to upgrade your Photoprint to the DX version. Cutting Master really has nothing to do and will not work with the Mutoh.

Now if your just trying to Print with Photoprint and use the cutter for other things in general and use Corel or Illustrator along with Cutting Master do just cut vinyl in general then your good to go but Photoprint SE and Cutting Master are not going to work together to give you a print/cut combo machine.

Now if you have Photoprint DX ignore all above.

Bogie

It's Photoprint DX, but it's still a special edition... And it'll only talk to Mutoh. So.

When I install the Graphtec software (made by SAI), it redirects the "print" jobs to the cutter. Which as far as the Photoprint software is concerned isn't there.

Without cutting master installed, it's Photoprint to RIP/Production Mangler. With CM installed, it's photoprint to CM's version of production mangler...

Screw it. Just told the guy from the Giant Money Magnet that I'll upgrade to the new ver, which will allegedly support both the Mutoh and the Graphtec.