• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey if you guys aren't doing this yet you should be.

btropical.com

I thought I would make my own cards, 5000 or 10 k for couple hundred bucks and for every thousand I give to the post office its $142 dollars delivered . Correct me if I am wrong ?
House window tint and safety film we have some of our best $$ making deals in those areas

CES020

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Adtechia isn't doing the direct mail, he's selling the postcards and design of that postcard to his clients and then they are doing the direct mail part of it themselves. So he's making making on the printing and the design and letting the customer deal with the low profit part of the transaction, which is the direct mailing part of it.

If I understand this correctly, he's not mailing anything, he's selling printing and design, which is what I think his point was, that this is easy money from that side of it, not that he's going to get rich in the direct mail business.

Maybe I misunderstood him?

Techman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Adtechia isn't doing the direct mail, he's selling the postcards and design of that postcard to his clients and then they are doing the direct mail part of it themselves.

I cannot speak for Addtechia,, however this is exactly what I will be doing with the EDDM program. Print the pieces and hand them over to the client with a proper set of directions on how to prepare the job and deliver it to the post office.

Locals Find!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Adtechia isn't doing the direct mail, he's selling the postcards and design of that postcard to his clients and then they are doing the direct mail part of it themselves. So he's making making on the printing and the design and letting the customer deal with the low profit part of the transaction, which is the direct mailing part of it.

If I understand this correctly, he's not mailing anything, he's selling printing and design, which is what I think his point was, that this is easy money from that side of it, not that he's going to get rich in the direct mail business.

Maybe I misunderstood him?

I cannot speak for Addtechia,, however this is exactly what I will be doing with the EDDM program. Print the pieces and hand them over to the client with a proper set of directions on how to prepare the job and deliver it to the post office.

You both got it right.

SqueeGee

Our local postmaster is pushing this program(Every Door Direct Mail) but I'm getting different info from him regarding approved sizes. He's telling me that the only size I can send is 8.5" x 11". That it has to be card stock and that it can weight up to 3.3 oz (which would be about 7 sheets in one "packet"). Has anyone else experienced this?

royster13

It seems a common complaint about USPS is that individual post master can have their own"interpretation" of the rules....In Canada, Ottawa approves something and the local post offices just do what they are told....Also, we have the option of "Business Only" at a slight premium....

Locals Find!

Our local postmaster is pushing this program(Every Door Direct Mail) but I'm getting different info from him regarding approved sizes. He's telling me that the only size I can send is 8.5" x 11". That it has to be card stock and that it can weight up to 3.3 oz (which would be about 7 sheets in one "packet"). Has anyone else experienced this?

Your postmaster may be confusing Every Door Direct Mail with Every Door Direct Mail Retail. They are two separate products by the Post office with different rules.

Make sure you postmaster understands you are using the Retail program if you send me a pm with your email I can pass on the presentation info I got from my contact over at USPS and you can use it to educate your postmaster.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
The USPS has introduced a new program called Every Door Direct Mail Retail. Its a consumer version of Saturation mail. Unlike Regular Saturation mailings you don't need a permit.

Any business owner can do this. Their are some size requirements your mail piece must be at least 6 1/8" h and more than 7" long no more than 11.25" You or your customer will need to registers at smp.usps.gov to get started.

Here is the basic breakdown of how this works and how it benefits your customers. Say you have a restaurant customer who wants to mail to every household in a neighborhood. What EddmR allows you to do is send a flat mail piece like a large postcard to every house on a carrier route of your choice. Without having to put names or addresses. The postage is only $0.142. They are restricted to a minimum of 200 pieces and no more than 5000 a day. They mail them directly from the local post office. You can avoid the Business Mail Entry Units.

You can sell large postcards to your clients to do this for themselves. I sell a 6.125 x 8.5 postcard to my clients. They get pre-printed with the postage indicia and the address indicia pre printed. They can then log onto the smp.usps.gov website and choose their routes to mail too. I take about 30 minutes of my time and train my clients how to use the website and the program. I add this training time into the cost of the postcards. I am averaging a $500 add on sale to 60% of my job tickets selling them 5000 postcards a pop.

If your not taking advantage of this your really missing out on some really easy money for a very little investment in time only.

I am not sure I covered everything but, if anyone has any questions pm me and I will try my best to answer them.

I considered this option...but the problem is, they don't offer business routes like the custom direct mail companies. For a sign shop to drop cards at residences...it's a crapshoot unless you are selling a product that average Joe will buy from a sign shop. Which is, I know, why you said to have our customers do it and we sell them the business cards. I just wish they would have a break up by Business...even if you couldn't customize it for specific types. Thanks for the heads up though.

mnapuran

Well, I signed up yesterday and was already approved.

However... a deal breaker for me is that I can't target just businesses! It combines business with residential, so I'd be paying for 95% of an order to just get trashed.

Locals Find!

Well, I signed up yesterday and was already approved.

However... a deal breaker for me is that I can't target just businesses! It combines business with residential, so I'd be paying for 95% of an order to just get trashed.

If your looking to do a Saturation Mailing to just businesses you will need a permit. I believe they have a program for just businesses. However, you will need that permit and will need to take your mail to a BMEU (Business Mail Entry Unit)

The EDDMR works well only when you want to reach regular consumers. Sell it to your contractors, pizza shops, local chinese take out etc.... that your doing signs for. That is where you can make money this isn't going to work for a sign shop to advertise themselves.

Sticker Dude

My step-son has a lawn business and I mailed out 5000 post cards about 3 years ago to random people in our town (list from city hall) and usps charged me .14 per because it was a post card
What is the difference between what I did and what your talking about??

iSign

My step-son has a lawn business and I mailed out 5000 post cards about 3 years ago to random people in our town (list from city hall) and usps charged me .14 per because it was a post card

...the difference is you needed to provide addresses, this service doesn't require anyone to provide addresses

Locals Find!

I can't find the little blue lines Adtechia. Where did you find that. I just found a list of routes.

Use the Address tab. Then make sure on the lower right side you select the map option. There are still some bugs in the system. If you can find the tech support number and let them know they have told me they put them on a list and have been working hard to resolve them and improve the product. Sad though that they don't have a more active feedback system your left with an old fashioned phone call.

I am not sure exactly what you did. I know the current postage rate for a postcard is $0.29. The price may have been lower in the past I just don't know for sure.

I do know that this doesn't require addresses and that it works great. I been doing this for my clients and they see a immediate ROI in incoming calls, and actual sales.

One trick I have picked up on is figure out what day of the week the most junk mail goes to an area and avoid your piece hitting the boxes on that same day. I try to aim for Mondays or Fridays myself. I find if the piece is well designed and brings a smile people love to read them on Monday's.

Friday's I try to hit people up with restaurant coupons that aren't good till tuesday of the next week in the fine print. Most people don't bother to read the fine print and rush out to use the coupon on the weekend. Then they find out its not good yet but, they are their anyway and end up eating at full price then coming back again when the coupon can be used. You can increase a restaurants sales upwards of 5-6% over their normal weekend rush.

Ok enough Free Advice for today. I gotta get back to work.

John L

Adtechia LLC said:
Friday's I try to hit people up with restaurant coupons that aren't good till tuesday of the next week in the fine print. Most people don't bother to read the fine print and rush out to use the coupon on the weekend. Then they find out its not good yet but, they are their anyway and end up eating at full price then coming back again when the coupon can be used. You can increase a restaurants sales upwards of 5-6% over their normal weekend rush.

Ok enough Free Advice for today. I gotta get back to work.

Well that's bullshit.

Locals Find!

Just wanted to see if any of you have tried selling your customers on the EDDM-R program and how its been working out for you and your clients.

If you have some positive news on it or tips to share please let me and others know.