• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Mickey...

MadGraphixINC

Does anyone have a vector image of mickey mouse? Or a really hi res pic? Im trying to get a gift put together before my sisters birthday...:U Rock:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Try calling Disney and asking for it... I'm sure they'll give up their copyrighted image since it's for your sisters birthday and all...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did ya ever notice that the people asking for the no~no's are usually new to this site or new to the industry and have no respect for others property.

Things such as the reproduction of Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny should be a known infringement just like the kid who blew himself up should've known better. People just don't get it....... :frustrated:

ABPGraphics

you know if you weed the number 3 - the excess looks just like the MM ears - I think we need to call Disney on that

:Big Laugh

iSign

I think some people forget that they once did not "get it" I'm not intending to speak for others, but I came to these sort of sign forums at least 10 years ago... and I've learned a hell of a lot... sometimes with attitude, and sometimes with a calm and careful explanation.

I believe the original poster will probably go get the art from Brands of the world, will make the party favor or whatever... and will possibly recoil from the attitude in this thread, without really giving too much thought to the "lessons" contained herein.. because who the hell wants to be treated like that? Are we all so perfect that every infraction requires sarcasm & spite?

I also believe he will squeeze by, under the mouse-radar, and the disney cop will not raid his house.. the disney cop will not close his business.. and the sky will not fall..

but, he should get the benefit of a lesson that makes sense & takes root, instead of the usual you'z-dum-n-we'z-not-dum reflex replys around here so often...

...and now that I spent most of the time this thread was worth on my high horse... I almost don't have the energy to be the guy that tries to say what I feel should be said.. but I will

..in a minute

Bigdawg

Just Me
Well iSign...

let's think about my sarcasm for a moment... since it was practically dripping from the keyboard.

A guy with 10 posts comes in the house and asks for Mickey.

Something that - if he's paid ANY attention to the board - he should know he's going to not get a good response to...

But apparently he hasn't paid attention. Or he would have looked on brands of the world first thing like every damn body else.

So instead of respecting the guidelines Fred set forth, he asks us to find him his copyrighted art.

I understand the disney police won't be knocking on his door... but the OP should have known asking for copyrighted art is considered pretty bad in these here parts...

yet he asked anyway...

so I'll keep my sarcastic reply intact with no apology.

iSign

Copyright protection is not always common knowledge or common sense. We all come from different backgrounds, with different skill sets, and experiences, and therefor, a different collection of facts gathered along the way, as well as misunderstandings gathered along the way...

When I first began to have enough technology and enough commercial exposure to get myself in trouble, I didn't automatically arrive there with all the related knowledge of copyright nuances that would prevent me from asking similar questions. I also didn't know who were the most aggressive enforcers of their brands.

The 2 major points I think the OP would benefit from understanding is that Disney, Harley Davidson & the NFL seem to be three of the more aggressive enforcers of their right to protect & enforce their intellectual property. That is point 1... dontphuqwithdisney

Point 2 is that making something for your family member, or friend, or for free... that doesn't make it ok.

Once upon a time (am I allowed to say that) ...Once upon a time I thought it would be ok if I wasn't selling the plaigerized item. Now I know that is not true.

so, go have a nice party whatever you do. Aloha

Bigdawg

Just Me
I see your lessons that can be learned... but I find it really disrespectful when people ask for copyrighted images.

I got friggin' BANNED for asking and downloading one for my granddaughter... so maybe I'm a little sensitive, but it's not like Fred's rules aren't crystal clear on the matter of copyrighted images and I see it as a slap to everything he does to make Signs 101 a professional board when someone thinks they can just ask for it anyway...

just my .02

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well said to the both of you, but in another way of looking at it.... I don't see how Fred can keep his cool when so many of the same infractions are dripping with problems and rules being broken.

That being said, this place is only a sign forum and there is nothing wrong asking questions stemming from total ignorance to super in depth legit questions. However, no one here has a job other than the administrators and if they don't stop these people from hurting themselves or others, why should anyone else ??

To be honest, I didn't Stacy's post was at all sarcastic. I thought she was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt and was sharing some good advice on how to get the images he sought. We all know that doing something like this for a birthday present will probably fly under the radar, but I don't think we should show or tell someone how to break the law.... no matter how small the deed appears. A wrong is a wrong regardless of the size of it. Hence, why my intended 'to hit the nail on the head' post was written. I figured he needed to know. So, I guess I'm the heavy, but at least I'm constant.

In the last 15 years or so, many people have come into this business through many windows [sorry MAC users] and have no clue as to what should, could or would be industry standards. Therefore, why not set up new rules for the new guy on the block ?? After a while you get enough newbies and things will change. Take a look at anything going on around you today in your life. The abnorm has become the norm and we just accept it.

So, unless we stop wrong doings.... however slight they might appear on the surface, up front.... the harder it will be to stop problems later.

iSign

well Stacy, you've addressed me when I had not addressed you, so although I had not intended to say anything further, I will. I laughed at your 1st post. It did not, and does not bother me.

By the time I read the thread, and decided to reply, I had no recollection of you even having posted. My reply was not intended to speak to anyone in particular, although I followed Gino's "get it" comment with one of my own.

I added my "I'm not intending to speak for others" comment in hopes of not ruffling feathers with my fellow sarcasamarai warriors... I am guilty of all forms of sin, but today felt like telling this guy where the animosity was coming from, because for some reason I remembered the day I learned that using plagiarized artwork for personal use, was still wrong... and I wanted him to learn that as well.

I don't intend to speak of anyone when I say some people forget they once did not get it. I speak for myself. Today I remembered, and I decided to see if I could add anything to this thread that would have value for MadGrafixInc.

Now he can go forth with the knowledge necessary to be an ass like I have so often enjoyed being... but also some day he might take a turn at trying not to be one. My turn is done

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Now that botw is no longer based out of Russia but rather owned by a NY based company, don't you find it odd that Disney has not taken the steps to have these removed along with the hundreds of other Disney related artwork?

Bigdawg

Just Me
We good iSign... didn't take anything personally - hope you didn't...

and I KNEW how sarcastic I was being so I ASSumed that you were talking to me... and you know what that makes me :smile:

Marlene

my opinion, don't ask on a professional site for anything that has a copyright. if is for a friend or family, try a hobby site like CirCut or something like that or figure out how to steal it on your own. Fred has rules, they are pretty simple and easy to follow. can't see why people wnat to push that issue.

Williams Signs

Oh I know where can I find artwork of Mickey riding a Harley holding the Lombardi Trophy? Just feeling a bit impulsive today.

Levity Break had to be done