• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Mickey...

cgozza

Call me a copyright idiot, but I'm going to ask anyway because I don't know exactly how copyright laws work - is this ok to do: A client created his own .eps file of a major league ball team's logo. He wants it reproduced on vinyl wallpaper to hang in his home. He said he looked online and found a company who apparently told him that if he made the file personally and used it personally there would be no problems - he just can't obtain it and re-sell it. Is this true?

Flame

Call me a copyright idiot, but I'm going to ask anyway because I don't know exactly how copyright laws work - is this ok to do: A client created his own .eps file of a major league ball team's logo. He wants it reproduced on vinyl wallpaper to hang in his home. He said he looked online and found a company who apparently told him that if he made the file personally and used it personally there would be no problems - he just can't obtain it and re-sell it. Is this true?

100% BS. If it looks like their logo, it's their logo, and you'll get in trouble :)

It's scary business. Don't mess with the big boys.

signgal

being in the area it happens a lot. there was a vacation home rental owner with the name Mikey and he had a mascot created with pointy ears but looked very similar to the real guy. they nixed it immediately lol

Pat Whatley

...don't you find it odd that Disney has not taken the steps to have these removed along with the hundreds of other Disney related artwork?

Do a google image search for "vector Mickey Mouse" and see how many HUNDREDS of sites pop up with free vector images. My guess is that Disney lawyers saw more profit in going after much bigger fish than web hosting companies.