• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey why is this sign falling apart?

J

john1

Coro lasts years and years. I don't care what anyone says.

I have a yard sign in Ocean City MD that is on the shore line that gets hit with salt water everyday at my Moms place that looks as good as new. Seen a pic a few months ago of it she took for me. It's for their marina and it's 7 years old. No lie.

CanuckSigns

And I've seen coro fall apart in 6 months, the worst thing for polypropylene (what coro is made from) is UV light, so printing on a flatbed and curing with a huge dose of UV isn't the greatest, but like others have said, coroplast is a small step up from a piece of cardboard and a sharpie, not worth loosing sleep over it.

J

john1

I have a few dozen yard signs i had flatbed printed for a customer earlier this summer. So far they are holding up well. I am now interested to see if they will hold up good or not from seeing this post.

Had those flatbed printed because it was a few dozen and it was small amounts of the same wording for each.

Jillbeans

whether or not the customer gets a discount on the replacement...that is going on the backside...sigh...
So they want you to re-letter the back side of the old sign?
No. Just no.
Sell them a new sign. Why letter an old piece of crap like that?
Coro is like $10 a sheet.

HulkSmash

Coro lasts years and years. I don't care what anyone says.

I have a yard sign in Ocean City MD that is on the shore line that gets hit with salt water everyday at my Moms place that looks as good as new. Seen a pic a few months ago of it she took for me. It's for their marina and it's 7 years old. No lie.

as long as you don't tell your customers that.