• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hey yall x6 or x5?

ironchef

I'm getting a mimaki soon. So i want to get corel x6 or x5. Is their still an option to buy x5? All the stores online say there out of stock..and there no option on corel website.... if so... where can i purchase x5. But if its the same price as the x6. I might aswell go with the x6 correct?

ThinkRight

I'm getting a mimaki soon. So i want to get corel x6 or x5. Is their still an option to buy x5? All the stores online say there out of stock..and there no option on corel website.... if so... where can i purchase x5. But if its the same price as the x6. I might aswell go with the x6 correct?

Yes on X5
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/286947/CorelDraw-Graphics-Suite-X5-Standard-Full/?Channel=Google&mr:trackingCode=2BE6E18B-029C-DF11-98FF-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&cm_mmc=Mercent-_-Googlepla-_-Technology+Software_Books-_-286947&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=22395426956&mr:keyword={keyword}

WildWestDesigns

Why wouldn't you want X6 though?

I guess I just never understood when buying something why you would want to be behind already after a purchase.

ironchef

Oh i want x6. I'm watching the youtube videos about its features. But i hear on other threads that its crashing alot. So if x5 is cheaper. Ill get that for now. And upgrade later.

signage

From what I have been told Corel has had issues when installing a new version without first removing the old version. So I would wonder if these people having crash issues have done a clean install or an upgrade?

WildWestDesigns

From what I have been told Corel has had issues when installing a new version without first removing the old version. So I would wonder if these people having crash issues have done a clean install or an upgrade?

That wouldn't surprise me.

The embroidery program that I use which uses X5, it requires you to make sure all other versions of Corel are uninstalled before you install the embroidery program.

sagesign

At the moment, I dont believe mimaki has their fine cut software compatible with x6, won't be available for another month or so. You may want to check mimaki's website.

Ditchmiester

I've had x6 since the week it came out. I have not had any issues with it crashing and did an upgrade not a clean install.

ironchef

I went to mimaki website. Went to the software area then clicked on finecut. And on that page it has the current news. Which is saying it wont be compatible with x6 till august. Is there a way around that? Or do i have to get x5.

WildWestDesigns

I went to mimaki website. Went to the software area then clicked on finecut. And on that page it has the current news. Which is saying it wont be compatible with x6 till august. Is there a way around that? Or do i have to get x5.

Sometimes the previous plugins have worked with the newer programs. I know the CutStudio plugin from Roland that was designed for CS4 worked with CS5.

I am not saying that it is the case here, but I think that some people are lucky and are able to get it to work while others are not. However, unless I'm doing some print and cut application, I tend to directly cut from Ai or Corel anyway, because of that I still haven't gotten the CS5 plugin for my cutter and still have the CS4 one.

ironchef

Well i installed a trial version of x6 from corel.com. works nice. But i had to uninstall because it turns all icons on desktop and even on start menu into corel draw icons. And when i click on omega or norton icon on desktop. Which says the name but has corel icon.. and x6 opens up. Am i ever going to be able to run corel draw? Someone please help! I get my mimaki this week. I need to resolve this soon. I'm going to buy x5 from amazon tomorrow. Or whenever i can resolve this

WildWestDesigns

Hmmm, that is a strange issue. I don't recall any of the others that had the X6 trial complain of that issue.

Might want to try to re-download the trial.

It could have gotten corrupted while downloading. Or something hinky could have happened during the installation process. Or you might have something on that system that doesn't want to play nicely with Corel.

If you are able to re-download it and for some reason it manages to work after that, you might want to see if that X5 plugin might work on X6. It's a long shot, but it could possibly work.

ironchef

I tried reinstalling a couple times. Even the repair option. I don't care for x6 atm. As it wont work for mimaki finecut. I'm going to buy a licensed in the box x5 on Amazon. But I'm afraid ill have the same problem.

ironchef

Hello to all. I got good news and bad news. Today i was on the phone with corel. Bought the x5 download. And the x6 would be mailed to me. Well installed it fine but now. That's the only program that works. All the icons on desktop and start menu have corel logos on them and when i click omega corel opens. I looked at any program i could uninstall. Bit there's nothing extra that i could see. Please help! I need corel up asap.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120626_193524.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120626_193524.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 89

smdgrfx

I'm having problems with X6 also. Clean install on new custom built computer. X6 will open and I can do layouts with no problem. Save and try to re-open. Crash. The trial version worked fine. I bought the upgrade, but installed clean. it just keeps crashing. Does not crash on my machine with X4 still installed. weird. I'm going to call them tomorrow. It is really slowing me down.

ironchef

Hi to all i got my x5 up and running along with the rest of my programs. Corel support suggested to create a new account, transfer my files. And delete the old account. Did that. And is now working perfect. Hope this isn't a temp fix.

ironchef

Glad to say corel support got me thru the problem. And i already received a x5 cd and the x6 cd. Being that i bought it thru the phone directly with corel.