• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hey y'all...

aboynamedsioux

I'm one half of a small partnership operating close to Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Unfortunately we had a break-in last week and lost our large format digital printer and computer system, not to mention rolls of printing media, vinyl and even application tape.
Anyway, I was hoping to get some feedback on what anyone out there in signland might recommend as a replacement machine. We had a 54" wide print/cut Uniform Cadet Plus and are hoping to purchase something similar. A local supplier has a Mimaki JV33 bundle, with a separate printer and plotter. Might this be a better option than a Roland VP?
Any enlightening would be greatly appreciated.

Ian.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from Pennsylvania.................................................

That's a tough one, they broke in and lost your equipment. Maybe they'll remember where they put it after you break their kneecaps.

Poconopete

The JV33 is a good machine. It is better to have separate print & cut machines.
And Welcome from PA_______________________________________

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!
Yes, it is a big state!

Wow, stole the equipment and supplies? Dirty rotten %&$*oles!
Hope you had adequate insurance.
And the constables pinch the miscreants.

:Welcome:

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

Your experience with your old machine is the best guide to what you should get now. If you have very little space and printing short runs with some idle time then it makes sense to have a machine that does both cut and print. However, the dedicated cutter does a better and faster job.

TheSnowman

That musta been quite a setup to steal a 54" printer. Hope it works out. We like our JV3 cutter and printer separate setup. I have nothing to compare it to though.

GypsyGraphics

I'm one half of a small partnership operating close to Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Unfortunately we had a break-in last week and lost our large format digital printer and computer system, not to mention rolls of printing media, vinyl and even application tape.
Anyway, I was hoping to get some feedback on what anyone out there in signland might recommend as a replacement machine. We had a 54" wide print/cut Uniform Cadet Plus and are hoping to purchase something similar. A local supplier has a Mimaki JV33 bundle, with a separate printer and plotter. Might this be a better option than a Roland VP?
Any enlightening would be greatly appreciated.

Ian.

Ian, so sorry about the break-in, but glad to hear it didn't cost you your business!
i outsource my printing, so can't offer any advice...
just a warm welcome from sunny california.

aboynamedsioux

thanks everyone for your kind words and welcomes...the insurance man has his pen at the ready, so it looks like we should be back up to speed soon enough

cheers
Ian.

surf city

Ian, welcome from New Jersey. Sorry to hear about your shop getting broken into, hopefully once you get the insurance stuff cleared up you will go forward and things will be good for you. I wish you luck.... oh and this is a really great place for information and generally great people to get to know.