• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hi 2 problems ,with sc540 please help

dirtyorkestra2

i have an sc540 , first of all i have a problem with an 0110 error on the machine it says its a linear encoder error i have a spare encoder but still dont seem to work am i missing steps ? or something
also want to convert this machine to run on versaworks so to make it an sc545 ex , i seen a few bits but cant seem to find much does anybody know how to do this can you help is it just dipswitches ?

dirtyorkestra2

hi well today i had a right good look at it
i also spoke with my engineer !!! basically its either the encoder or the strip or the scan motor well i had a spare scan motor that went in it today worked fine great !!! still the error persist !!! changed encode to one i had off a previous sj740 and still same error i then took a current encoder out of a sp540v thinking they was the same looking at part and everything but nooooooooooooooo still gave same error and to boot when loaded in service mode when going across print space it broke off so it was obviously so not the same part well i ordered 2 more anyway from europe , from a really good supplier called digi print supplies (check em out ) , s anyway now after all of this , it leads me to belive that the scan motor is working fine cos it moves the carriage the encoders might of been fine !!! but who knows yet but i think there is defo an error with the encoder strip guys guys help me please

degsee

sc545ex

also how do i convert this machine when working into an sc545 ex to work on versa can anybody help me please

I got my sc changed round last year from sc540 using colour rip to sc545ex using versa works all the heads have to be changed round because black head has got to be the other side for versaworks to recognise, Im not at printer at moment but can have a gander later to the ordere they are in.
As for decoder not sure apart from new encoder strip and new reader.

Degs

degsee

sc540

we had a roland engineer sort ours out, the 540 come with colour rip which sees the black head one side of the machine and versaworks sees it the other so you have to swop ur ink lines about or move the heads. Degs

Last edited:

woolly

i have a sc 540 that will not change to versaworks with out major mucking about, so won't bother.
wasatch do a single printer upgrade from colour rip for not a lot of money far less than a full program.
but i am still happy running colourrip it just works fine.
i use VW on the VS and basically don't like it to much.

kirkbauguess

You need to set up the limit. Turn the sub power off. Press right, up , left at the same time press the power button. Follow direction on the led from there.